Good Start to 2018... CoinStar Find!

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, 5"x8" coils for both. Whites PinPointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is too danged cold to chisel the ground for finds here so I stopped by the store for milk on the way home from work and checked the return slot of the CoinStar Machine. BAM! Score! My best CoinStar score so far! Take a look!

IMG_20180102_172354057~2.jpg 1937 Merc.jpg 1903 Indian.jpg

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm almost ready to hang up my at pro and start coin star detecting. That is an amazing find . I did find 2 silver dimes so far. I remember one day I was in line at Miejers and as always I was going to check the coin star until this guy came in and I remember he went to a cashier next to it and said there were a lot of coins left in it and the cashier told him well I guess their yours. I missed getting all those by minutes... Good job Thanks for posting your finds with us..... Tommy

OP
OP
Retired Fire

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm almost ready to hang up my at pro and start coin star detecting. That is an amazing find . I did find 2 silver dimes so far. I remember one day I was in line at Miejers and as always I was going to check the coin star until this guy came in and I remember he went to a cashier next to it and said there were a lot of coins left in it and the cashier told him well I guess their yours. I missed getting all those by minutes... Good job Thanks for posting your finds with us..... Tommy

Thanks, one time I watched a little girl and her Mom walk away from the machine and left the reject tray full of coins. I stopped them and showed her what they left and the little girl said "Thank you Sir"! I must admit I wanted to go thru those coins so bad but I just had to tell the youngin. LOL

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm the same way!! I don't get 1 how people don't hear all those reject coins in the tray or B don't even check the reject tray!!!!!! I wonder if that might be the future detecting for the youngsters now... since most of em don't even go outside like kids used to before cell phones came there will be little to no coins to find lol

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Coin Star treasure. :occasion14: Wish I had more than 2 within 15 miles.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if some coinstars have the reject tray on the side as people find full reject trays, where I find them they all have the reject tray right in front and most times have nothing in them. Although I have made the occasional find it is rare.

OP
OP
Retired Fire

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Coin Star treasure. :occasion14: Wish I had more than 2 within 15 miles.

I have 5 Coinstars within 8 miles but I rarely make it around to more than 2 of them. I would say I check the one by my house 15 times before I find anything and then it is usually only new pennies or Canadian pennies. But I am there so I will check it anyway. May as well and on a rare occasion it pays off, like today. LOL

OP
OP
Retired Fire

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if some coinstars have the reject tray on the side as people find full reject trays, where I find them they all have the reject tray right in front and most times have nothing in them. Although I have made the occasional find it is rare.

Not sure about side trays but somewhere I saw an article where some are now equipped with a self dumping tray that will dump into an internal drum after 10 minutes. So you would have to be stalking the machine to get any chance at the rejects.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that would be awesome I would buy a few,On top of all the rejected goodies I would get 40 percent of the coins you put in or whatever they take lol

OP
OP
Retired Fire

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that would be awesome I would buy a few,On top of all the rejected goodies I would get 40 percent of the coins you put in or whatever they take lol

LOL, Around here they get 11.5% of the total counted. Not a bad income for setting up a machine and checking it once a week X 40-50 machines in your route.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I walked into a store today, an old timer was ahead of me.... I about lost it when he got to the Coinstar ahead of me, and while it was empty, I felt violated.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats funny but i get it

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome score! Love the silver and IH. :occasion14: Those machines are really producing this time of the year! I'm going later to check out a few in the area during a bit of shopping. :icon_thumleft:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I walked into a store today, an old timer was ahead of me.... I about lost it when he got to the Coinstar ahead of me, and while it was empty, I felt violated.

Nice score on the silver and IH penny RF certainly a well paid visit to the reject slot.
I have to drive 45 minutes just to get to one-and I think it's the only one I know of-then again I'm not a shopper of big box stores.

Dave for some reason a vision of you elbowing past the old guy getting to the reject tray before him while saying "Not this time!" comes to mind.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Loomis truck picks up the coinstar money at the Wal-mart where we shop on Saturday my only day off right now and it is usually full and nothing in the tray and says sorry out of service.I need a day off during the week maybe that will change my luck.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are a nice couple of coinstar finds. Finding silver any way you can is always a good thing.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the silver and IH penny RF certainly a well paid visit to the reject slot.
I have to drive 45 minutes just to get to one-and I think it's the only one I know of-then again I'm not a shopper of big box stores.

Dave for some reason a vision of you elbowing past the old guy getting to the reject tray before him while saying "Not this time!" comes to mind.
I can see it now wrestling in the middle of the store Dentures flying blood squirting hair ripping eye balls gouged all over a single 1995 penny lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread