[Coinstar] The First Multi Silver Dime Find of 2018
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: [Coinstar] The First Multi Silver Dime Find of 2018

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    The Monsta B)

    Mar 2017
    Connecticut
    Garrett Ace 400
    216
    663 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    [Coinstar] The First Multi Silver Dime Find of 2018

    Howdy all! Meant to show some things I got from the Coinstar in the last 2 weeks. I found the 2 steelies on seperate occasions, but the 3 silver dimes? All at once a week ago, right before I went off fishing in Florida.



    2 common date silver roosies
    1942-P Merc

    Not bad!

  2. #2
    us
    Sep 2005
    Puget Sound
    Minelab CTX 3030, Whites DFX
    5,682
    11368 times
    Metal Detecting

    [Coinstar] The First Multi Silver Dime Find of 2018

    That is great! I'm always shocked when someone doesn't notice something like a Mercury dime in their change...a silver Rosie is understandable if you didn't realize the old ones are silver but a Mercury dime? Come on.

  3. #3
    us
    Nov 2016
    Tucson, AZ
    Tesoro Vaquero
    166
    257 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by washingtonian View Post
    I'm always shocked when someone doesn't notice something like a Mercury dime in their change...
    They probably think it's foreign, and they're getting away with something by sticking it in a Coinstar.

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

    Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    31,345
    14760 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    ..: NICE RECOVERIES Monstarules :..
    Here is my CoinStar Surfing Log!
    Monstarules and A2coins like this.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

    .:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.
    "...not my circus, not my monkeys..."

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by washingtonian View Post
    That is great! I'm always shocked when someone doesn't notice something like a Mercury dime in their change...a silver Rosie is understandable if you didn't realize the old ones are silver but a Mercury dime? Come on.
    Agreed, because we know what to look for. My wife and daughter go thru their change all the time, and find silver Rosies. My wife even found a Merc in her change a few months ago. Both of them come home with Wheat pennies on a weekly basis, and this is just in their pocket change. But because of my coin collecting hobby, they were taught what to look for. My wifes friend decided to go thru her change jar last month, and showed me some coins that she had no idea of what they were. All she knew, is that one was a quarter and 2 were dimes. Imagine my surprise when I told her she was holding a Standing Liberty Quarter, and two Mercury Dimes ! She said she just doesnt pay attention, and thru them in her jar. Because I do a lot of handyman work for her, she gladly gave me the coins. ( and I gladly took them ) ! Many people out there, just dont know or care what they have. They probably take the jar or bag to the coinstar and dump. Lucky thing for us !
    Last edited by Trezurehunter; Feb 22, 2018 at 07:55 AM.
    Monstarules, Johncoho and A2coins like this.

  6. #6
    us
    Hey! I found a .........

    Jul 2006
    TEXAS
    4,591
    940 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Trezurehunter View Post
    Agreed, because we know what to look for. My wife and daughter go thru their change all the time, and find silver Rosies. My wife even found a Merc in her change a few months ago. Both of them come home with Wheat pennies on a weekly basis, and this is just in their pocket change. But because of my coin collecting hobby, they were taught what to look for. My wifes friend decided to go thru her change jar last month, and showed me some coins that she had no idea of what they were. All she knew, is that one was a quarter and 2 were dimes. Imagine my surprise when I told her she was holding a Standing Liberty Quarter, and two Mercury Dimes ! She said she just doesnt pay attention, and thru them in her jar. Because I do a lot of handyman work for her, she gladly gave me the coins. ( and I gladly took them ) ! Many people out there, just dont know or care what they have. They probably take the jar or bag to the coinstar and dump. Lucky thing for us !

    I don't think most people, especially younger people today know anything about coins or even care. Most don't even use them. I guess that is good for us TH'ers, :>)
    Metal detecting: Getting up at the break of dawn to experience the thrill of the unknown.

  7. #7
    us
    The Monsta B)

    Mar 2017
    Connecticut
    Garrett Ace 400
    216
    663 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I check it every day on my way to and from school
    A2coins likes this.

  8. #8
    us
    Sep 2016
    NC
    Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
    291
    399 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstarules View Post
    Howdy all! Meant to show some things I got from the Coinstar in the last 2 weeks. I found the 2 steelies on seperate occasions, but the 3 silver dimes? All at once a week ago, right before I went off fishing in Florida.
    Thanks for that kick to the crotch.....multiple silvers, steelies, and fishing in Florida.

  9. #9
    us
    Rust never rests

    Mar 2009
    Sunman Indiana
    Whites XLT MINELAB SE
    3,512
    3222 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    It's just amazing what can be pulled from those coinstar bins.
    Monstarules and A2coins like this.

  10. #10
    us
    The Monsta B)

    Mar 2017
    Connecticut
    Garrett Ace 400
    216
    663 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Haven't been able to see a dirt cup in a few weeks. Makes me sad.
    A2coins likes this.

  11. #11
    Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    27,528
    30032 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Now that's a great CoinStar score, congratulations!
    A2coins likes this.

  12. #12
    us
    The Monsta B)

    Mar 2017
    Connecticut
    Garrett Ace 400
    216
    663 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Cheers to that! Hoping I get something really neat one day. It would be fantastic to find a US gold piece in a reject -- it's happened about 2 times over the course of the last 10 years that I can think of. There is one post on Reddit and one post in the Cointalk thread.
    A2coins likes this.

  13. #13
    Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

    Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    26,927
    34757 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    i should sell my detector and start hittin coin star lol

    Approved TreasureNet Stickers

    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 324 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

    (Free Shipping)


    SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

  14. #14
    Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

    Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    21,790
    21541 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I haven't dug a 2018 Silver yet, and you guys are pulling multiple silver coins out of a Coinstar?
    Unbelievable!! lol
    Congratulations
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

  15. #15
    us
    Oct 2004
    St Helens OR
    Fisher
    33
    12 times
    Metal Detecting
    Love seeing the Coinstar finds!

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Another 2018 Coinstar Find
    By NSR60 in forum CoinStar Finds
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jan 07, 2018, 11:08 AM
  2. Good Start to 2018... CoinStar Find!
    By Retired Fire in forum CoinStar Finds
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Jan 03, 2018, 10:45 PM
  3. Coinstar silver, 52 rosie dime
    By jailbirdjackson in forum CoinStar Finds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 07, 2016, 08:17 AM
  4. Coinstar silver find
    By jailbirdjackson in forum CoinStar Finds
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jun 15, 2016, 09:10 PM
  5. Small Coinstar find! [SILVER!]
    By Ziggurat in forum CoinStar Finds
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Sep 03, 2012, 08:10 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0