[Coinstar] The First Multi Silver Dime Find of 2018

Monstarules

Mar 1, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy all! Meant to show some things I got from the Coinstar in the last 2 weeks. I found the 2 steelies on seperate occasions, but the 3 silver dimes? All at once a week ago, right before I went off fishing in Florida.

tnvnYlb.jpg

2 common date silver roosies
1942-P Merc

Not bad!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
That is great! I'm always shocked when someone doesn't notice something like a Mercury dime in their change...a silver Rosie is understandable if you didn't realize the old ones are silver but a Mercury dime? Come on.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great! I'm always shocked when someone doesn't notice something like a Mercury dime in their change...a silver Rosie is understandable if you didn't realize the old ones are silver but a Mercury dime? Come on.
Agreed, because we know what to look for. My wife and daughter go thru their change all the time, and find silver Rosies. My wife even found a Merc in her change a few months ago. Both of them come home with Wheat pennies on a weekly basis, and this is just in their pocket change. But because of my coin collecting hobby, they were taught what to look for. My wifes friend decided to go thru her change jar last month, and showed me some coins that she had no idea of what they were. All she knew, is that one was a quarter and 2 were dimes. Imagine my surprise when I told her she was holding a Standing Liberty Quarter, and two Mercury Dimes ! She said she just doesnt pay attention, and thru them in her jar. Because I do a lot of handyman work for her, she gladly gave me the coins. ( and I gladly took them ) ! Many people out there, just dont know or care what they have. They probably take the jar or bag to the coinstar and dump. Lucky thing for us !

Last edited:

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed, because we know what to look for. My wife and daughter go thru their change all the time, and find silver Rosies. My wife even found a Merc in her change a few months ago. Both of them come home with Wheat pennies on a weekly basis, and this is just in their pocket change. But because of my coin collecting hobby, they were taught what to look for. My wifes friend decided to go thru her change jar last month, and showed me some coins that she had no idea of what they were. All she knew, is that one was a quarter and 2 were dimes. Imagine my surprise when I told her she was holding a Standing Liberty Quarter, and two Mercury Dimes ! She said she just doesnt pay attention, and thru them in her jar. Because I do a lot of handyman work for her, she gladly gave me the coins. ( and I gladly took them ) ! Many people out there, just dont know or care what they have. They probably take the jar or bag to the coinstar and dump. Lucky thing for us !

I don't think most people, especially younger people today know anything about coins or even care. Most don't even use them. I guess that is good for us TH'ers, :>)

OP
OP
Monstarules

Monstarules

Mar 1, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I check it every day on my way to and from school :p

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy all! Meant to show some things I got from the Coinstar in the last 2 weeks. I found the 2 steelies on seperate occasions, but the 3 silver dimes? All at once a week ago, right before I went off fishing in Florida.

Thanks for that kick to the crotch.....multiple silvers, steelies, and fishing in Florida.

OP
OP
Monstarules

Monstarules

Mar 1, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't been able to see a dirt cup in a few weeks. Makes me sad.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that's a great CoinStar score, congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Monstarules

Monstarules

Mar 1, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheers to that! Hoping I get something really neat one day. It would be fantastic to find a US gold piece in a reject -- it's happened about 2 times over the course of the last 10 years that I can think of. There is one post on Reddit and one post in the Cointalk thread.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i should sell my detector and start hittin coin star lol

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't dug a 2018 Silver yet, and you guys are pulling multiple silver coins out of a Coinstar?
Unbelievable!! lol
Congratulations

OP
OP
Monstarules

Monstarules

Mar 1, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i should sell my detector and start hittin coin star lol
I haven't dug a 2018 Silver yet, and you guys are pulling multiple silver coins out of a Coinstar?
Unbelievable!! lol
Congratulations
Haha! Well it's about as productive as a detector...unless you're a store manager with a key to the Coinstar, that is!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions