Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coins from the scout camp water hunt were in really bag shape so I tumbled them to get them ready for the bank. When I pulled them out I noticed the edge of one dime did not have any copper color to it so I took a look at the date and sure enough it was a 1964 silver dime. Usually the silver dimes that have been in the water I detect come out totally black if they have been in the water a long time. This makes them easy to spot, but this one came out brown like the other older ones and the black tarnish didn’t show up until I tumbled the brown off. I’ll have to look more carefully in the future. I don’t want to send silver to the bank.

1DAD3DFC-4346-429E-A3B1-D47829EEA2E8.jpeg

Today I went to the market and of course I checked the Coinstar machine. Someone visited Thailand and left a few goodies for me. One beat to death Lincoln and a batch of Thai.

9D69CE5D-368B-4171-B471-A55B6C2757D2.jpeg

Thanks for looking and keep swingin.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good lesson to double check that I will remember when I clean up my clad, clad here comes out red or brown and the silver for the most part untarnished but who knows what I might find if I am thorough.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Coinstar finds! :occasion14:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good catch. I check every coin when I get home, then they go in the appropriate tumbling jar, unless its silver, then they just get watered off, and go into my book. Then I re check them after tumbling just to make sure there arent any silvers or Wheats that I missed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread