CoinStar loot

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Today's trip to the grocery store netted a handful of coins

Edit: "sent" too soon. Pics coming shortly !

Found 3x 1943 Steel Wheats (1943, D, and an S).

Just realized they aren't worth much (no odd strikes or anything) so I won't bother with pics. Oh well, I'll keep making my pilgrimages to that big green box .. LOL !

Last edited:

ThatOneDude

Jun 29, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300 and Garrett pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive never went coin star hunting before. might try it out

OP
OP
Ryano

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What got me hooked is finding $20 in €2 Euro coins just left in the reject tray. That was last Fall.. Since then I've felt a compulsion to check every time I see a CoinStar machine. The area I live is very close to college campuses so it sees a lot of traffic. Mostly Canadian, Mexican coins but I've gotten Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese coins too !

OP
OP
Ryano

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I actually posted for a part-time service tech position servicing the machines in my area but by the time I applied, it was taken. They've got me "on file" for a future opening. I'm sure it would be a full-time job sneaking home and swapping out the collectibles with face-value coinage.. ha ha

ThatOneDude

Jun 29, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300 and Garrett pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What got me hooked is finding $20 in €2 Euro coins just left in the reject tray. That was last Fall.. Since then I've felt a compulsion to check every time I see a CoinStar machine. The area I live is very close to college campuses so it sees a lot of traffic. Mostly Canadian, Mexican coins but I've gotten Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese coins too !

I love coins but the last two weeks my interest has been moving towards bottles. But here in a few weeks it will change again back to relics. I really like pennies and collect what i can find. my end goal have a penny from each country.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The one I use at Kroger is always empty. I'll get lucky one day.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
so whats worse going fishin and not catchin anything ? or going to da coinstar and not catchin anyting ?

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so whats worse going fishin and not catchin anything ? or going to da coinstar and not catchin anyting ?

going to coinstar and not catching a fish

chub

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

going to coinstar and not catching a fish

chub

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_r.gif
tn_coinstar.gif
t_l.gif

..: NICE RECOVERIES Ryano :..
Here is my CoinStar Surfing Log!

OP
OP
Ryano

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1530793139.863042.jpg

Yeah, not quite 20 Euros..I introduced my 6 and 8 yr old nephews to coin collecting (at least, the idea of it) and it appears they’ve helped themselves to my “treasure chest” of interesting Coinstar loot... and they say kids these days don’t show initiative ?! Time for a “Spanish Inquisition” the next time they visit.

VPNavy - very impressive. A logbook is what i should’ve done from the get-go. I may need one to mount a “recovery expedition” from their mother !

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great haul!:hello2:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that is how you Coinstar hunt! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread