coinstar finds

jethro1469

Mar 18, 2009
East Coast
I've been checking the return tray on the machine at my grocery store for years, rarely finding anything of interest. About 5 weeks ago there was a 1954 quarter with some grimy cents, my first silver in quite a while. Today there was a 1943P war nickle in the tray and a 1962D dime on the floor below. Am I on a roll? I hope so.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let the SILVER STREAK CONTINUE!!!!!!:icon_thumright:

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been checking the return tray on the machine at my grocery store for years, rarely finding anything of interest. About 5 weeks ago there was a 1954 quarter with some grimy cents, my first silver in quite a while. Today there was a 1943P war nickle in the tray and a 1962D dime on the floor below. Am I on a roll? I hope so.

You're on a roll for sure.....

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep at it, Coinstars are hit or miss! :occasion14:

My last 8 visits yielded only a few Lincoln cents.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_r.gif
tn_coinstar.gif
t_l.gif

..: NICE RECOVERIES jethro1469 :..
Here is my CoinStar Surfing Log!

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I check at least 7 times a week, usually more. I check about a dozen different locations. I have problems with time management. Nothing too good but got a 64 dime 2 weeks ago. Not bad for free.

firemanphob

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I glance at the coinstar ever time I pass one and have never found anything but I have a question. If you turn in change and use the Amazon option, does the receipt have a code number on it that you put on your Amazon order or do you take the ticket to a checkout lane and buy a gift card?

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I glance at the coinstar ever time I pass one and have never found anything but I have a question. If you turn in change and use the Amazon option, does the receipt have a code number on it that you put on your Amazon order or do you take the ticket to a checkout lane and buy a gift card?
I have no idea, I don't feel right giving coinstar 10% or more of my transaction. I just like adding to my coin jars via coinstar.

firemanphob

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to what I've read, if you use the amazon gift card option you get the whole amount with no service fee.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread