Turned in my metal detecting finds at my bank today.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So assuming coinstar machines and bank coin counters are the same hopefully Im in the right forum today as I have something to share. The coinstar machines are very accurate so when I was short changed I was able to get a bank employee open the machine and find out why. So we open the machine and find four small rubber balls the kind you get out of a vending machine. It had knocked about 2/3rds of my coins out in to collection pans for rejects. The employee gave me what was in the rejects pans and I was very happy with the two wheatie penny's I found. One was a 1943 that looked copper, but turned out magnetic. I got a few peso's also, which I collect. Ended up with about $10.00 bucks of change which wasny close. But the bank employee said if there is found a error it would be credited to my account. My back deposits the coin coinstar finds directly into my account for free. I offered to clean the coin star for free but they said no lol. Anyway, enjoy the pics, and may want to check what you got going into c wheaties.jpg oinstars.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_o.gif
Smart move - wouldn't it have been G R E A T if they said - yea, please clean out our counter! Thanks for sharing...

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1943 copper colored penny had my attention. But it was magnetic. I dont think bronze is magnetic. But what a find that would have been.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, sure wish the 1943 was copper! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread