Coinstar Mercury...Someone's Mistake?

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0234.JPG IMG_0233.JPG I checked a Coinstar machine this morning and though the tray was empty, there was a nice looking 1945-D Mercury dime sitting on top of the machine, my 9th silver coin from Coinstar this year. My guess is that someone cashing in their coins picked this out of the reject tray and thinking it was a foreign coin left it there for someone else to take.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably young'uns who know everything.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They just wanted to do something nice. I've seen them like that too. They used to stack up the foreign and old coins on the side but someone got wise to it and collects them before I do now.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They just wanted to do something nice. I've seen them like that too. They used to stack up the foreign and old coins on the side but someone got wise to it and collects them before I do now.
I guess it's possible that someone wanted to do something nice...…..hopefully they'll continue.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions