Perfect time, and perfect place today!!!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
This morning to took Mom for groceries at Lowe's again.

I get her going, and the first thing I do is hit the CoinStar - and there was nothing there. I even looked up under it.

Mom's 92 and takes around 3 hours each trip for groceries - she get's lost in the shelves just looking at things. I'd have had everything on her list in 10 minutes and be gone. But, I give her the time = the right thing to do.

So, I'll lingering around the magazine rack next to the Coinstar and this guy comes in with a big coffee can of coins to dump into the machine. To me it seemed like he took about 5 minutes dumping. I watched, and he didn't even look in the reject tray and left!

You betcha I was hopeful on that one. Before I could make my move over a lady came in with a clear plastic bag filled with what looked like a gallon of pennies. Oh Boy!!!

I watched, listened and was really stoked, I was going to score!!!

After she left, I made my way over, stuck my hand in the reject tray, looked under the machine again and nothing.

NOTHING for the day......

Danged! Coinstars are a tough game!

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there, done that, start searching the parking lot on the way to the car so I can take some kind of find home with me

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crying.gif
Everytime I pass a CoinStar with an empty tray - I feel the same way DeepSeeker!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep I found a silver dime once then a goose egg every other time

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I circled around a store for about 10 minutes doing my best to appear nonchalant as this guy dumped several bags into the coinstar, I could hear things hitting the reject tray, he started to walk away...then he turned and stuck his hand in the reject tray and pocketed it all AARRRGGGGHHHH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread