Interesting Day from the CoinStar!!!!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been dry at our local CoinStar lately. I check it at least once a day when I'm in town and this morning was the normal routine. Get my coffee, meet my business partners and I walk over and check the machine. So as i'm walking over, I see a toned coin lying on the ground and knew it was silver. Pick it up, check the reject slot and grab the merc. Check around the floor and underneath was the silver quarter. Walk back to the table and see two of the three are foreign. The merc is a 26-D, the Dime is an 1895 Straights Settlements and the quarter 1890 Republic of Guatemala.

Gotta love folks that just leave silver behind, even if they are foreign! :icon_thumleft: So it made my day!!!! Probably will be few more weeks before we get anything else! Guess I better check the garbage can next to the CoinStar in the future! :laughing7:

Attachments

• CS1.jpg
    CS1.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 102
  • CS2.jpg
    CS2.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 87
  • CS3.jpg
    CS3.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 94

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice CS grabs, I haven't gotten silver out of one for a couple years, I think more & more people are checking them, congrats

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice CS grabs, I haven't gotten silver out of one for a couple years, I think more & more people are checking them, congrats

I check everytime I go to town. I average about two "finds" a year. Looks like word got out to me.

You had a very nice haul :)

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guatemala 25 cent is beautiful Seems they are asking 15 to 25 bucks on fleabay for your condition Id say that is a landslide score. The person that left these probably thought all 3 were foreign Most people today would not recognize mercury as one of our coins.

OP
OP
basque-man

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guatemala 25 cent is beautiful Seems they are asking 15 to 25 bucks on fleabay for your condition Id say that is a landslide score. The person that left these probably thought all 3 were foreign Most people today would not recognize mercury as one of our coins.

What I see more of these days in our little town is the amount of tweekers who use the machine. When I worked night shift I would check it around midnight till 0200 hours and most of my finds were then.....Not working rotating shifts anymore I find first thing in the morning and late evening have been productive. I ask the wife and daughter to check it and so far the wife got us a 64 Washington and the daughter a 63 Rosie but I agree. I know some the of the kids who bag groceries check it during the day. Just glad they know what to look for and not turn around and spend it!! The modern stuff we find is put in the donation jars on the counter.....:laughing7:

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice coinstar finds...… Foreign silver is just as good as anything. My finds have been down the last two months.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Sweet silvers...MY TURN! Been over a year since my last CS silver. GRATS!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do people even do that

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread