sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On my way home tonight I got a sudden hankering for some good beer so I stopped by the local grocery store to see if anything caught my eye. I always make it a habit at this store to walk in the door closest to the Coinstar machine to see if there are any goodies in the reject tray. Tonight’s finds include enough clad to cover about half of the tax on my beer, along with three, Thai 1 Baht coins and a 1943 steel wheat cent. The steel cent is a first for me out of a Coinstar.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559881298.239229.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559881314.317234.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559881325.234017.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559881337.097997.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559881346.555851.jpg

And most importantly, tonight’s beer selection.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559881380.587189.jpg

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my way home tonight I got a sudden hankering for some good beer so I stopped by the local grocery store to see if anything caught my eye. I always make it a habit at this store to walk in the door closest to the Coinstar machine to see if there are any goodies in the reject tray. Tonight’s finds include enough clad to cover about half of the tax on my beer, along with three, Thai 1 Baht coins and a 1943 steel wheat cent. The steel cent is a first for me out of a Coinstar.
View attachment 1720210
View attachment 1720211
View attachment 1720212
View attachment 1720213
View attachment 1720214

And most importantly, tonight’s beer selection.
View attachment 1720215
I've found silver and wheats but never a steel cent. Cool finds

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought maybe you were showing us your beer, because you use an Equinox detector ! Nice job on the 43 Steel Wheat. Ive never found one in a coin star, but did get one in a roll of pennies a few years back.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thinking is rewarded - never know where a nice find will pop up from. Does Coinstar reject the steel cents based on weight? or because it's steel? Just curious - congrats mate! :skullflag: :occasion14:

OP
OP
sjvalleyhunter

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good thinking is rewarded - never know where a nice find will pop up from. Does Coinstar reject the steel cents based on weight? or because it's steel? Just curious - congrats mate! :skullflag: :occasion14:

From my understanding there is a magnet in the machine that removes any ferrous materials, and then a sorting mechanism that allows only U.S. coins based on their size and weight.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By coincidence, I found a 43 steelie today at my credit union's coin machine. I had to show a new teller how to clear a jam inside and while there, pulled a canadian quarter and US 43 steel cent off the magnet. That's the second steel cent I've pulled from the magnet recently.

Oh - nice beer choices!

OP
OP
sjvalleyhunter

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh - nice beer choices!

I’m pretty lucky in that the Lagunitas brewery is just a few hours north of me and the Firestone brewery is less than two hours from me. I’m not sure what their beer availability is around the country, but they have some delicious selections.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m pretty lucky in that the Lagunitas brewery is just a few hours north of me and the Firestone brewery is less than two hours from me. I’m not sure what their beer availability is around the country, but they have some delicious selections.

The Lagunitas is more widely available here. Excellent beer. My little grocery store carries it. Its rare for grocery stores to sell beer. Too many corrupt politicians own liquor stores here and they limit their competition.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lagunitas anything is great. I'm in NY and its widely available here. Currently I'm liking their Super Cluster and Hop Stoopid.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread