SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that qualifies as Treasure Trove! Wow you nailed it. It amazes me that some store employee didn't find it first!

OP
OP
C

CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Major congrats. I too am addicted to Coinstar. I thought it was a special day when I found ONE merc last year. Looks like some kid liquidated grandpa's coin collection!

Thanks! Finding one or MANY makes my day.
Happy hunting!

OP
OP
C

CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Banner coin star haul the Wife could have planted those there to get you to go shopping more often lol. Freakin nice people are to cheap here to leave even a penny

That might make sense for some, but I do all the grocery shopping anyway!
Thanks for commenting, HH and GL!

OP
OP
C

CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that qualifies as Treasure Trove! Wow you nailed it. It amazes me that some store employee didn't find it first!

I do believe there are certain employees and hangers-around that if I see them, I might as well just go back to the car... they've already checked it.
I guess I just got lucky Saturday and hit it at just the right time!
I have left a zincoln in the reject before and gone back and found it 3 hours later in the same place, so... sometimes the machine just doesn't get a lot of action, I guess.
Thanks for commenting!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe there are certain employees and hangers-around that if I see them, I might as well just go back to the car... they've already checked it.
I guess I just got lucky Saturday and hit it at just the right time!
I have left a zincoln in the reject before and gone back and found it 3 hours later in the same place, so... sometimes the machine just doesn't get a lot of action, I guess.
Thanks for commenting!

Congrats! This might be a record for coinstar finds that will stand for all time, like DiMaggio's 56 game streak - or at least at least for a long time like Ruth's 714 HRs. I agree that store employees check out the coinstars - but sometimes they must be too busy to check before you do! As often as you check, you could have a decent data set. Have you found a better day and time for checking your coinstar?

The local Walmart has a vestibule at the entrance with benches right in front of the coinstar. In the winter, some of the homeless move from their camp in the adjacent woods to this heated vestibule and they nab coinstar rejects. Once they have enough, it is spent on food in the store. So, while they get the cold weather silver, they also spend it, so it may make sense to pay cash there and check change. No luck so far with that strategy.

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That might make sense for some, but I do all the grocery shopping anyway!
Thanks for commenting, HH and GL!

Same here! Have you adjusted your shopping habits to better correspond to times and days that seem to produce more silver?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread