Coin star surprise.

sylvia40

Nov 16, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1574467461.950278.jpg I read about checking the Coinstar machine in several posts here so decided to try it. Got a pleasant surprise! Guess I’ll keep checking!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve never found anything but clad

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Gotta like that!

Seems some have more luck than others....but I suspect they try harder! Keep looking.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I’ve never found anything but clad

Oh.....come on now! You haven't found any dust bunnies, Zincolns stuck together with an amalgam of Coke, chewing gum and dog dander? Haven't found any open safety pins? Haven't pulled at least one modern foreign base metal coin? I think maybe you're under exaggerating.

If you haven't found at least one sticky bundle of nastiness you're not digging in there deep enough!

Grease

Barrydang

Sep 2, 2019
alabama
Detector(s) used
minelab, fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal! Keep checking them ya get some silver. Pulled a dime out of one where I work a couple weeks ago.

DetecTom

Nov 18, 2019
Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600|Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can’t believe some of the stuff people leave behind in the coin star without even realizing.

_muppet_

Nov 11, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a silver Roosevelt dime a couple months ago out of the one in my local walmart. I've taken over a dollar at a time in clad out. Several canadian coins, one arabic quarter, a beer chip, watch batteries, a guitar pick. : P My wife calls me a dork, every time we're in walmart I peak in the reject tray. Our coinstar is kind of out of the way, you have to walk around a short wall to get to it at the entrance. I have about a 50% success rate there. Many of them are right at the entrance where a lot of people walking by will empty them out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions