2019 Coinstar Totals

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0612.JPG IMG_0613.JPG Image (20).jpg Image (18).jpg IMG_0590.JPG The 2019 Coinstar hunt season is over and the totals are in. This year's finds totaled 511 US clad coins worth $24.59. Silver coins came to 15, including a pair of 40% Kennedy Halves. There were 37 Canadian coins and 36 Foreign coins, plus three tokens and a copper blank. I recently sold my past year's Canadian Coinstar finds for $15 so added to the $24.59 I'll be able to add 35 Mercury dimes to my special "Coinstar Mercury Dime Album". All dimes in the album were bought with Coinstar money. Of the pennies, there were nine wheat cents including four 1943 Steel cents.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang that is a haul:occasion14:

NSR60

Mar 26, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome. Hopefully, you'll find a few Mercs to go directly into the album. HH in 2020!

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How did you sell your Canadian coins?
One of the members of another forum bought them from me because he goes to Canada every year to visit relatives. We agreed on a price after figuring in the current exchange rate at the time of the sale.

That is awesome. Hopefully, you'll find a few Mercs to go directly into the album. HH in 2020!
The only Mercs that go into these albums are ones that I buy with Coinstar finds. I started doing this in 2015, the first year I started checking Coinstar machines. Hopefully I'll fill the second album when I cash in my 2020 finds.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW! That’s just amazing. I think the CoinStars in my area get checked minute-to-minute. Rarely anything in them. I find more on the floor near the machines, where people are too lazy to bend over to pick up a penny or a nickel.
dts

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW! That’s just amazing. I think the CoinStars in my area get checked minute-to-minute. Rarely anything in them. I find more on the floor near the machines, where people are too lazy to bend over to pick up a penny or a nickel.
dts

Thanks DTS......I think that more and more people are checking them. My Coinstar finds started off with a bang but the amount of finds started getting smaller as the year went on. I doubt I'll find as much this year as I did in previous years. Like you I've found some coins on the floor in front of the machines too and I agree that it's probably because people won't stoop for a penny or nickel.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who needs a detector wowza

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found more silver at Coinstar machines than I dug......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread