Finally some Coinstar goodies

Rented Mule

Apr 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always check the Coinstar reject bin as I leave any supermarket and have never found anything of note. Finally tonight I found some good stuff.

image.jpg

In the mix were 42 steelies:

image.jpg

A bit of some foreign:

image.jpg

And best of all some silver:

image.jpg

I can only imagine what that person deposited that wasn’t rejected.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are what a coinstar would reject, what went through was probably all clad, that was a heck of a score amazing how many steelies though.

OP
OP
R

Rented Mule

Apr 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are what a coinstar would reject, what went through was probably all clad, that was a heck of a score amazing how many steelies though.

I figured there may have been a bunch of wheaties that were deposited, and who knows what years and mint marks.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured there may have been a bunch of wheaties that were deposited, and who knows what years and mint marks.

Yeah I see what you mean that is sad if those went in, but you can hope they show up at the bank to coin roll hunt for them.

NSR60

Mar 26, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Coinstar jackpot! Almost a full roll's worth of steelies at once, and some more free silver. And Swaziland--it seems you can find something from virtually every country in the world.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, a seated coin in the CoinStar! That's something I haven't seen. Makes you wonder what all made it inside the machine when you see what was in the reject bin. Incredible amount of steel cents. Well done! :icon_thumright:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I agree with all others that think the machine probably did accept many many wheats and silvers.

And I thought I was doing good when I found two steeleis in the reject slot the other week. GRATS!

OP
OP
R

Rented Mule

Apr 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, a seated coin in the CoinStar! That's something I haven't seen. Makes you wonder what all made it inside the machine when you see what was in the reject bin. Incredible amount of steel cents. Well done! :icon_thumright:

Yeah I was kind of shocked to find the 1890 seated dime as all the other silver was from the late 40’s/early 50’s. The condition is AG at best and it sure illustrates where the old phrase “one thin dime” comes from. Those old coins were circulated and circulated and worn thin from all the use.

Barrydang

Sep 2, 2019
alabama
Detector(s) used
minelab, fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get pumped over one merc dime that’s a crazy good coinstar grab! They dumped someone’s collection for sure.

Barrydang

Sep 2, 2019
alabama
Detector(s) used
minelab, fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work at a store it won’t take silver there is no telling what it put in the “dirt cup” inside the machine. I have once found a silver dime in it.

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
Really nice take. I would say welcome to the exclusive "seated club" but I am not in it.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone clear their family house and dumped all found coins in the box for the coin star cash in. I have seen it happen My CS has been dry as a neck bone. I think a store employee caught on

Swamp Fox

Sep 22, 2019
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett A T Pro Garrett A T Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would check the dates on the steelies to be sure that there is not a rare 44 in there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread