After work one day.

K. FLEMING

Feb 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went in to this Kroger to look for a battery for my key fob. Making my way over to check the coin star. The return tray looked different. As I walked closer I realized that was because it was almost full of coins. I stood there in disbelief because I could already see silver in the tray. Coming to my senses I pulled out a handful. Multiple silvers. Another handful. More silver. Another handful. Almost all silver. Shoving them into my pocket I became concerned about the integrity of my pocket. As I walked back to my car my hand kept touching my pants to see if this was real. It was a day to remember. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1603804651.958699.jpg

OP
OP
K

K. FLEMING

Feb 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a total of 86 silver dimes a few modern coins and a couple foreign coins. Sorry picture is not better. That’s the year and the number of coins for that year and some of the mint marks.

Last edited:

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow that's crazy. This is what treasure hunters' dreams are made of haha.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
K

K. FLEMING

Feb 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that’s an impressive log you are keeping. Good luck.

NSR60

Mar 26, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is a couple of weeks old, but it's part of a pattern of spectacular recent finds. Congratulations, and may we all score such a find once in our lifetimes.

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
Awesome... Around 5 years ago I had a past friend of mine find a gold guinea in the coinstar discards at a local Safeway.

claypile

Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive!... You are so lucky, dude. Keep it up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread