Coinstar Comes Thru

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:happy3:Got a nice find in a supermarket coinstar last night. In the reject bin was $1,05 in clad and a silver 1964D Rosie dime. The clad was 2 quarters, 2 nickels, 3 dimes and 15 cents (pennies). Most of the time the coinstars are empty but last night was a nice exception to the rule. In Nov I found a 1967 40% Kennedy Half Dollar in another supermarket coinstar and a couple of weeks ago in a bank coinstar I found a $1 Susan B Anthony coin. Last month a couple of the supermarkets moved their coinstar machines to a new location by the registers and it's now a lot harder to find anything in them.

HH Everyone

Armstrong

Apr 24, 2020
Jurassic Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It adds up over time and even a dime brings a smile to my face. I've noticed machine location is very important to success. My best paying machine is right inside the middle front of the store next to a lottery machine so it attracts a crowd.

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting silver out of a coinstar is a nice feeling...congratulations. :)
I wonder about timing as well...sometimes checking early in the afternoon seems to pay off...or just around the time people are returning home from work...it would be great to have access to those machines...

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_r.gif
tn_coinstar.gif
t_l.gif

..: NICE RECOVERIES CW3(RET) USARMY :..