Is there still a market for Salt and Pepper shakers?

Bshrouf

Jan 7, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandparents downsized to an RV about 10 years ago. Upon moving out of their home, my grandmother filled about 6 big plastic totes with all of her salt and pepper shaker collection, and now, they live in my basement. I’ve thought about going through some of them but there are so many I don’t know where to begin, nor do I know if anyone is still collecting these. I’ll try to post some pictures when I open the boxes, but can anyone give me insight on the status of collectible salt and pepper shakers??

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some very collectible S+P shakers that go for good money. Ebay is your best research tool. Go to vintage S+P, and click on sold items and then high to low sold for. Unless rare, chips, crazing and cracks will lower the value.

Black Americana, certain cartoonish sets, and designer names were my best sellers - after awhile I started selling smaller lots of commons.

Good luck!

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Very" good items for ebay!

Wipe them clean, post good photos, give a little story,......

OP
OP
B

Bshrouf

Jan 7, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! I know she was collecting them for years and years, very helpful information on exactly how to research on eBay using sold items, I didn’t know you could do that! She’s got some very cool, old shakers, I feel a little more motivated to dig them out and look at them more, knowing there are still people who would enjoy them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread