Moving to Colorado Springs

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
Hello all, I'll be moving this June to the Springs area and have read a lot of the post and it sounds pretty good so far! And I would love to link up with anyone and go MDing!! I'm a newbie and have a Bounty hunter and I have found a lot of stuff, but I'm no stranger to the F3 minelab. Just waiting to see how far I take the hobby, but so far I like it and the kids to, thanks

Shawn112

Feb 9, 2009
Colorado
I lived in Colo Spgs for 6 years. I didnt do any detecting while I was there but did do a lot of exploring around the Victor and Cripple Creek area. My wifes cousins and I went into some old gold mines, probably shuold not have been in there, but did not find anything. I live down in the Arkansas valley where it is a lot warmer.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dearly departed uncle lived in the Springs for many years. He found an old small abandoned gold mine somewhere up in the mountains and would go up and spend the weekends. He always harvested enough gold to pay for his trip plus several nice nuggets. He owned a machine shop in the Springs and manufactured parts for the ventilation system up in Cheyenne Mountain before they closed it down. He finalliy retired to an A-frame up on a mountain and almost immediately developed a brain tumor and died! They think it was from the solvents at his shop. I use to go up and elk hunt with him every fall. He was a genuinely neat man and it is true the good die young. Monty

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the group. I live in Broomfield and also have a Minelab , am retired and like to get out detecting. Maybe we can meet for a hunt one day this summer.

OP
OP
STH69

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
BuffaloBob said:
Sounds great I'll be taking u up on that!

Welcome to the group. I live in Broomfield and also have a Minelab , am retired and like to get out detecting. Maybe we can meet for a hunt one day this summer.

Wild Boulder Bill

Jan 5, 2005
Now residing Waynesboro Georgia
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer, whites gtx, tesoro lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your in the midst of metal detecting nuts. Join Pikes Peak Adventure mellite hotel.eets the first Thursday of each month at the satalite hotel. A lot of our statae is being withdrawn from claims such as the sangre de christos. So you no longer get a lot of information over the internet so join a club. Welcome to Colorado springs.

Wild Boulder Bill

gugui

Feb 11, 2014
colorado springs
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new in colorado springs and new in metal detecting I just bought a garrett ace 250 do you know some places where to start?

gugui

Feb 11, 2014
colorado springs
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal detection co springs?

I am new in colorado springs and new in metal detecting I just bought a garrett ace 250 do you know some places where to start?

brasseur5150

Apr 24, 2015
s.nevada ave. colorado springs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi my name is mike b i juzt recently moved to co springs.last week i went hiking and scouting in the hills below cheyenne mountain,i discovered a gold like substance in the bottom of o big hill where the dirt was eroding exposing a vein of some sorts,im new to prospecting but already have thefever,,was wondering howto tell gold from pyrite or mica???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread