How about some of us here in Colorado getting together.

ColoradoGoldman

Jul 9, 2009
Falcon, CO.
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300,Whites Pulse Scan TDI, Detector Pro Pistol Probe
I'm not much for clubs and organizations, but would like to share a hunt with some like minded people. It seems the clubs deals are always a 100 miles away. and they want some of my hard earned clad so a few in the click can run things their way which never works out for me. If you would like to get together for fun day, and sack lunch some where. let's do it.
CG

conlaodh

Dec 10, 2007
Denver
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505, Explorer II
Hello ColoradoGoldman
Where is Falcon Colorado ?

Conlaodh in Denver

goldenlady

Mar 5, 2008
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Strike
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi CG,

Sorry you feel like that way about Clubs but can certainly understand although not all of them are like that. Might want to check out the gpoc ( gold prospectors of colorado ) as they have a lot of metal dect. enthusiasts that like to go out on their own.

Conlaodh,

Hi to you too,

Falcon, CO is east of Colorado Springs......not too far.

Have a great day you two,

Goldenlady
(Shawnee )

OP
OP
ColoradoGoldman

ColoradoGoldman

Jul 9, 2009
Falcon, CO.
Detector(s) used
conlaodh said:
Hello ColoradoGoldman
Where is Falcon Colorado ?

Conlaodh in Denver
Falcon is East of the Springs on US 24 about 10 miles
CG

OP
OP
ColoradoGoldman

ColoradoGoldman

Jul 9, 2009
Falcon, CO.
Detector(s) used
Hi Goldenlady
Well, been there done that. I was a member of GPOC way back when they first got started. I have a 5" Keene dredge and tried to get a few members to help put it on the claim over by Fairplay and could not get one single member to help. All they wanted was my dues.LOL. So I went mining where the miners are, NoCal on the Kalamith, and Trinity rivers. Never went back to a meeting with them.
CG HH

OP
OP
ColoradoGoldman

ColoradoGoldman

Jul 9, 2009
Falcon, CO.
Detector(s) used
Back to the topic I figured if we can get a few people that would like to do a hunt each of use could pick a place or a hunt site and we could decide to meet there and do a day hunt. I have done a lot of hunting down in the South East part of the state. old abandon homesteds and a few Forts in OK and NM. I hunted Camp Nichols on the Cimaron Strip of the Santa Fe trail near Wheelen OK several years ago. I have hunted a lot of the old Ghost town/mining towns. Even a coin hunt would be fun. I am open to anything. Maybe Ludlow, CO. around the monument.?????
CG

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!
Howdy Amigo!
I'll be your huckleberry!
I'm always up for meeting up with folks to do some 'tectin'.

I live in Aurora, Colorado. Bit of a drive down to Falcon, but
then again, I've been known to drive a couple of hundred miles
(one way) for a hunt!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

OP
OP
ColoradoGoldman

ColoradoGoldman

Jul 9, 2009
Falcon, CO.
Detector(s) used
M-Taliesin said:
Howdy Amigo!
I'll be your huckleberry!

LOL OK I doing some research on a few ghost towns one looks real good down in southern Colorado. I would like to maybe take off labor day for an over night, if i can get permission to cross some private land to get there. Working on another site with a rancher to hunt some old homesteds C pre 1930s. Stay tuned i will post progress here.
Good to here from you. Looking forword

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!
ColoradoGoldman said:
LOL OK I doing some research on a few ghost towns one looks real good down in southern Colorado. I would like to maybe take off labor day for an over night, if i can get permission to cross some private land to get there. Working on another site with a rancher to hunt some old homesteds C pre 1930s. Stay tuned i will post progress here.
Good to here from you. Looking forword

Howdy Again Pard!
Just let me know at least a week in advance, so I can arrange my schedule.
If all goes well, we'll plunder the place! LOL!!!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

h20prospector

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2009
Security CO
ColoradoGoldman said:
I'm not much for clubs and organizations, but would like to share a hunt with some like minded people. It seems the clubs deals are always a 100 miles away. and they want some of my hard earned clad so a few in the click can run things their way which never works out for me. If you would like to get together for fun day, and sack lunch some where. let's do it.
CG

CG,

Sent you and email about getting together. I live in Security and would like to take you up on the offer to get together for a day and do something that doesn't involve a club. Talk to you later.

h20prospector

TiredIron

Mar 10, 2009
Cotopaxi, Colorado
Detector(s) used
CZ-7, F5, FX-3
Some of you fellas are very close to the "Jimmy Camp" over there on the east side of the Springs. I've always thought that would have to be a great place if permission could be obtained. I've researched it over the years and for all I know.....it might already be developed over....then again maybe not. I know that the ranch it was on had strict no trespassing rules for many years. Maybe someone close by can take an "updated" look at the area.
Goldman.....tell me some names of places you have already worked in S.E. Colorado..?? My family goes back about 130yrs to 1879 in Colorado. You mentioned Ludlow. That would be very interesting if we could get an open ticket to hunt the area. I'm sure others have worked it on and off.....just don't know who to talk to.

adio
TiredIron

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
CG,
I would be very interested in doing a metal detecting trip with you guys if there is room for one more. I live in the boulder area and have been looking for someone to metal detect with for a while now. Let me know.
Thanks,
Frank

Denver

Greenie
Nov 15, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter II
I'm interested in going to, I went to the Aurora Resevoir today and only found clad coins! has anyone else hunted there and found rings or necklaces??

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Denver said:
I'm interested in going to, I went to the Aurora Resevoir today and only found clad coins! has anyone else hunted there and found rings or necklaces??

Howdy Denver!
I've been there, and hunted the thing with similar results.
The only thing I found was a few coins, and not many at that.
No jewelry, no necklaces, no rings, no nuthun'! Just coins.

Ergo, I no longer go there. Ya gotta pay to get in there, and what you find
seldom pays for admission.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Denver

Greenie
Nov 15, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter II
Thanks, thats what I kind of thought, and yes the admission is high! I did pretty good in coins though, more than I thought I would find, tons of pennies! maybe we could meet up somewhere sometime and do some brainstorming about where to go and hunt!!

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Denver said:
maybe we could meet up somewhere sometime and do some brainstorming about where to go and hunt!!

Howdy Pard!
Well, that would be totally shpadoinkle. Especially with a 3 day weekend coming up!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Wild Boulder Bill

Jan 5, 2005
Now residing Waynesboro Georgia
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer, whites gtx, tesoro lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Monument here.
You guys in falcon and security we should meet in the middle somewhere for coffee. I'm an ore hunter gave up coins a while ago still got my explorer II though.

Bill

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If y'all still keep this goin when it thaws out and gets Spring let me know. I'd like to learn about finding gold. Ludlow would be great to do an archaeological survey on and if anybody ever decides to do some in depth research on the site I'd volunteer my time and detector. It may be still a little too sensitive for anybody to want to do much with, though.

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:blob5: :blob1: :blob1: I would be open to getting together for a hunt too. Dont have any clubs near me anyway. My problem is location. Way up in the NE part of the state. Near Sterling. I live way out in the middle of nowhere. Small ranch. But I can tell you guys, there are alot of old homesteads, abandoned farmsteads, old church locations, I even know where a an old school house used to sit. And permission to hunt, within half a mile of my ranch. At least a dozen places to hunt within a couple of miles. Many I already have permission to hunt. Just havent had time to get to more than a couple of them. Not if you want to detect them properly. But anyway.

I am open to driving somewhere though. Or meeting someone and going to some of the places that I have permission to go on. These places are all farmsteads and homesteads from the 50's back to the 1900's. My own place I bought from the original family that homesteaded it. Found some nice stuff here.

Anyway. I will be getting a blog going here on the formums, and maybe we can use that to meat and discuss things or any other way. I just joined the forums though I have lurked for a year or two.

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
old_goldchaser said:
I would be open to getting together for a hunt too. Dont have any clubs near me anyway. My problem is location. Way up in the NE part of the state. Near Sterling. I live way out in the middle of nowhere. Small ranch. But I can tell you guys, there are alot of old homesteads, abandoned farmsteads, old church locations, I even know where a an old school house used to sit. And permission to hunt, within half a mile of my ranch. At least a dozen places to hunt within a couple of miles. Many I already have permission to hunt. Just havent had time to get to more than a couple of them. Not if you want to detect them properly. But anyway.

I am open to driving somewhere though. Or meeting someone and going to some of the places that I have permission to go on. These places are all farmsteads and homesteads from the 50's back to the 1900's. My own place I bought from the original family that homesteaded it. Found some nice stuff here.

Anyway. I will be getting a blog going here on the formums, and maybe we can use that to meat and discuss things or any other way. I just joined the forums though I have lurked for a year or two.

Howdy Pardner!
I would be delighted to visit you in the Sterling area and get some hunting in with you.
The town of Sterling is bristling with history, and there should be some amazing finds
waiting to be discovered, and I'm all up for that. You aren't so far away that I couldn't
drive up to your place and join you for some hunting.

Just PM me if you want to go hunting (like when the ground thaws just a bit more) and
I'd be happy to drive over there to join you in that endeavor.

Sounds like a hoot amigo!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread