Boulder County Parks MD Prohibited

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is the response I got in an email from Boulder County Parks.

"Thank you for writing to Boulder County Parks and Open Space. It is a violation of our rules and regulations to remove any object, natural or manmade, from open space property.

Therefore, while metal detectors are not specifically prohibited, the use of such to find and keep objects could be ticketed as a violation if witnessed by a ranger."

http://www.bouldercounty.org/openspace/recreating/public_parks/rules&regs.htm

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jimbog said:

"Thank you for writing to Boulder County Parks and Open Space. It is a violation of our rules and regulations to remove any object, natural or manmade, from open space property.

Therefore, while metal detectors are not specifically prohibited, the use of such to find and keep objects could be ticketed as a violation if witnessed by a ranger."

By that standard it is against the rules to pick up and remove trash found on the ground.

OP
OP
TabWhisperer

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Jimbog said:

By that standard it is against the rules to pick up and remove trash found on the ground.

I was about ready to ask if I drop a $100.00 bill does that mean it becomes their property and I am not allowed to pick it up? Government weasels IMHO.

dennisdunigan

Apr 8, 2007
Canon City, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Boulder Colorado, You sure aren't allowed to do much. Seems like they a bit carried away! Can't pick up a stick for the dog, or a flower for your girl! You already have the government saying I can't pick up anything 50 years old or older. It is an artifact! If I have fallen I can't get up! I am an artifact! :( I will hunt elsewhere. :icon_thumleft:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do they mean by "open space" property? Does that mean it's ok on "closed space" property? :icon_scratch:
If it was buried in the ground wouldn't that be closed space property? :dontknow:

GG~

goldenlady

Mar 5, 2008
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Strike
Primary Interest:
Other
Probably shouldn't say this but...
Boulder Colorado........any native of Colorado knows....whats legal is illegal in Boulder and what's illegal is legal in Boulder.

Look for areas a lot friendlier than Boulder to detect or prospect.

Goldenlady

imperialgreen

Jul 6, 2010
Longmont Colorado
Detector(s) used
Infinium LS
Has anybody been kicked out or been fined? I'm on boulder county in Longmont and knowbody has said a thing to me? Then again everyone has a different story?

iceman0xh

Dec 22, 2009
I was kicked off property west of Longmont near the airport and Emissions place. Have also been kicked off school properties in Longmont. Growing up in Longmont I have never really enjoyed Boulder so I havent been kicked out of anywhere in it yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions