Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Mar 2010
    Denver, Colorado
    MXT Pro, XP Deus, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods, TDI SL
    9 times
    Metal Detecting

Boulder County Parks MD Prohibited

This is the response I got in an email from Boulder County Parks.

"Thank you for writing to Boulder County Parks and Open Space. It is a violation of our rules and regulations to remove any object, natural or manmade, from open space property.

Therefore, while metal detectors are not specifically prohibited, the use of such to find and keep objects could be ticketed as a violation if witnessed by a ranger."

http://www.bouldercounty.org/openspa...rules&regs.htm

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    9416 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Boulder County Parks MD Prohibited

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbog

"Thank you for writing to Boulder County Parks and Open Space. It is a violation of our rules and regulations to remove any object, natural or manmade, from open space property.

Therefore, while metal detectors are not specifically prohibited, the use of such to find and keep objects could be ticketed as a violation if witnessed by a ranger."

By that standard it is against the rules to pick up and remove trash found on the ground.

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Mar 2010
    Denver, Colorado
    MXT Pro, XP Deus, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods, TDI SL
    9 times
    Metal Detecting

Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbog

By that standard it is against the rules to pick up and remove trash found on the ground.
    I was about ready to ask if I drop a $100.00 bill does that mean it becomes their property and I am not allowed to pick it up? Government weasels IMHO.

DennisBear

Apr 2007
    Canon City, Colorado
    Whites

Boulder Colorado, You sure aren't allowed to do much. Seems like they a bit carried away! Can't pick up a stick for the dog, or a flower for your girl! You already have the government saying I can't pick up anything 50 years old or older. It is an artifact! If I have fallen I can't get up! I am an artifact! I will hunt elsewhere.
    The Colorado DennisBear

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Wave table, etc.
    1876 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

What do they mean by "open space" property? Does that mean it's ok on "closed space" property?
    If it was buried in the ground wouldn't that be closed space property?

GG~
    ~Diggin The Adventure~
    Visit My Personal Forum Pages

us
    Mar 2008
    colorado springs, co
    Fisher Gold Strike
    Spanish trail monument hunting

Probably shouldn't say this but...
    Boulder Colorado........any native of Colorado knows....whats legal is illegal in Boulder and what's illegal is legal in Boulder.

Look for areas a lot friendlier than Boulder to detect or prospect.

Goldenlady

shawnee

us
    Jul 2010
    Longmont Colorado
    Infinium LS

Has anybody been kicked out or been fined? I'm on boulder county in Longmont and knowbody has said a thing to me? Then again everyone has a different story?

us
    Dec 2009
    1 times

I was kicked off property west of Longmont near the airport and Emissions place. Have also been kicked off school properties in Longmont. Growing up in Longmont I have never really enjoyed Boulder so I havent been kicked out of anywhere in it yet.

Sponsors