Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I am Arranging a GROUP HUNT for us COLORADO TNer's

Jimbog said:
Dan (dhe2) and I met up Saturday. We were talking about arranging a hunt around Denver but couldn't think of anything. Today I thought of the site of the state mental hospital in Arvada. I drove by and the weeds are about 18-24 inches. About the only other suggestion I had was the Lowry campus area. The few times I've tried it I just found some recent clad and about all the garbage you can handle. Any other ideas?

No problem guys. I will figure something out. I have some contacts down that way that might have some ideas for us.
Would Colorado Springs be top far out of the way for those of you that live in the Denver area? For those that live elsewhere its another weekender, but we will see. Frank...if the hunt is down that far you could catch a ride with me. And it would be a good chance for me to bring the camper.

Dennis

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frank1960 said:
At least it was just your pocket and not some meat. Oh sure the little ones now let someone pet them why couldn't they have done that while we were there lol

Well, you gotta ask yourself this, why did they all of a sudden start getting friendly after you and Scotty spent those two evenings making friends with the group. It was just a few days later...so it must have been you....or Scotty, or both that convinced them that humans are ok.... :icon_scratch:
Now...having said that....makes me wonder..how is you tamed those goats down that much in just a couple of days. :laughing7: Ok, thats enough leg pulling. :hello2:

My son Aaron had been working with them trying to get them tamed down for weeks now. It was just a few mornings ago that Floppsy let him pet her finally and enjoyed getting scratched so much that she let me too...and then Noname just followed along. Goats is strange critters sometimes.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max

"Frank...if the hunt is down that far you could catch a ride with me. And it would be a good chance for me to bring the camper." Ok but I am a snorer or so I have been told never woke me up so don't know.

Just had fun with the critters guess we had more time on our hands than ya all did.

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frank1960 said:
"Frank...if the hunt is down that far you could catch a ride with me. And it would be a good chance for me to bring the camper." Ok but I am a snorer or so I have been told never woke me up so don't know.

Just had fun with the critters guess we had more time on our hands than ya all did.

Seen similar happen before. They saw and see us every day. Someone new comes on the place, they see new folks being the same..friendly and not wanting to hurt them. They figure out people are good to know. So they tame down more. It happens...and can be from nothing more than new people being kind and friendly.

Oh, looks like I have a buyer for all of them but Moe. All but Moe will be leaving tomorrow. Moe on Wednesday. But you know where Moe is going. The rest are going to a good home.

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Besides which, Frank, if I take the trailer, I can close two doors/curtains between you and me and have the stereo going as well as a TV....I dont think your snoring would be a bother. :laughing7:

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max

Glad almost all of them found a good home.

LOL you hope the door, curtain, radio and tv drown me out but with the radio and tv going you won't get any sleep anyhow lol

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frank1960 said:
Glad almost all of them found a good home.

LOL you hope the door, curtain, radio and tv drown me out but with the radio and tv going you won't get any sleep anyhow lol

Ha...after 10 years in the Army, most of it spent around guns, artillary and other loud forms of noisemakers, I can usually sleep through about anything. And then can have the slightest noise out of the ordinary cause me to come wide awake immediately. The wife and kids have learned over the years to wake me up at a distance. A loooonnnnggg distance.

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frank1960 said:
Ok but don't say I didn't warn ya

Ok, well, but I gotta warn ya...I snore too. :tongue3:

Oh, the goats are gone. All but Moe...and he is going in just a few hours.

Found a good home for Pixie and crew. So they will be happy. The gal that bought them has about 20 acres to put them on. And she will be milking Pixie and Dora. Which is good. They got picked up yesterday evening.

Sold a few of the chickens too. Still got duck and more chickens though. The dang ducks keep hatching out more. Got another duck sitting and will hatch em out in a week or two.

Was a bit sad seeing the goats go. We enjoyed them alot. It was a joy just watching them play in the evenings out there on the trailer. But at least we do have pleasant memories of them. And knowing they are going to a good home.

Going to get out to the drive in theater Thursday or Friday. They had a concert there last week. So there could be some nice coinage on the ground. And maybe some jewelry as well. Ya never know when you have a bunch of drunks gathered all in one place.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max

Well now they can eat to their hearts content and get big and fat. Why didn't she take Moe also?

Is your buddy wanting half of what you find also?

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frank1960 said:
Well now they can eat to their hearts content and get big and fat. Why didn't she take Moe also?

Is your buddy wanting half of what you find also?

I told my buddy no. If he wants the change, I told him he needed to get his own detector out and look for it.

She didnt take moe cause we wanted him. For meat, remember. That was his destiny. He is in the pickup right this moment. My wife and son are getting ready to haul him to the processor.

The goats were eating to their hearts content here too. Cept here they had 40 acres to eat on. Plus the extra 400 acres around. They were getting fat enough. You have to watch that the does dont get too heavy otherwise they have problems when they have their babies. They get big in the belly anyway but if they gain too much in their hips it creates problems. Will actually cause the birth canal to be smaller from what I understand.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max

Oh sure you didn't even take Moe in yourself! Made the wife and kid do it! Sheeeesh lol

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frank1960 said:
Oh sure you didn't even take Moe in yourself! Made the wife and kid do it! Sheeeesh lol

Of course.....I was too chicken hearted. :dontknow: Everyone in the family knows it when it comes to the critters. :thumbsup: Except with pigs. I have no problems hauling pigs to the processor. Or sheep. Both get my dander up enough when raising em or trying to load them that once loaded I am HAPPY to haul them. With pigs Kathy is pretty much the same way every since she was helping load a hog and was pushing it from behind when it decided to let loose with a big load....backed up with a load of gas as well. Projectile cr*p. Kathy got the full load from the neck down. Lets just say that concerning pigs....Kathy would be happy to haul every one of them to the processor.

Goats and certain other critters...well...I am just too soft-hearted.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max

I can understand that I also like critters and get attached to them. Don't think I could have taken Larry in even knowing that they put them down easy (I hope) and he wouldn't feel any pain (I hope)

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frank1960 said:
I can understand that I also like critters and get attached to them. Don't think I could have taken Larry in even knowing that they put them down easy (I hope) and he wouldn't feel any pain (I hope)

My problem is I make a pet of everything. Which is why all my critters end up being tame as heck. Even my cattle tamed down. Got two calves from my neighbor last year to raise up for meat. They had never been around a human. They were about 6 months old, maybe a little older when I got them. 2 months after they got here, they would come running up so I could pet them and make a fuss over them. Like 1000 pound dogs. I could let them out of the corral and go for a walk and they would follow along behind. After the storms this last winter took my fences down, this spring I would get on the atv and let them out and they would follow me out to the pasture and I would sit there on the atv reading a book and letting them graze on that good wheat grass for a couple of hours.

Then when I got tired of sitting there, all I had to do was whistle and they would follow me back to the corral and water. I kept some good hay in the corral at all times so they could eat there as well. It used to be so relaxing just sitting there watching them graze and reading as well. And of course, the goats and sheep would all follow as well both ways. One big family.

Attachments

• IMG00388.jpg
    IMG00388.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG00396.jpg
    IMG00396.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG00403.jpg
    IMG00403.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG00404.jpg
    IMG00404.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 184

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max

Nice pics to bad they weren't there when we were would have had fun with them also.

Did you send the trailer with the goats?

I ordered a Lesche last night can't wait for it to get here now. Or are they called Predetors now?

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frank1960 said:
Nice pics to bad they weren't there when we were would have had fun with them also.

Yea, I know. But we had sold most of them off the previous month. You would have had a ball with the cattle. Not too many people have seen cattle that love attention. Or with Homer...the ram. Loved to be petted and scratched. But turn your back....and wham....you were nailed.

Did you send the trailer with the goats?

No, the folks who bought them brought their own. And Moe got loaded in the back of the pickup.

I ordered a Lesche last night can't wait for it to get here now. Or are they called Predetors now?

The shovel or the hand digger?

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max

No I meant the metal trailer that they climbed on.

The hand held digger the predetor 85

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frank1960 said:
No I meant the metal trailer that they climbed on.

Oh, ok, I gotcha. I think that the trailer is part of a deal I made otherwise. Why, are you interested in it?

The hand held digger the predetor 85

Ok, I know the one you mean. Dont know what they call them any more. They are good diggers though.

Did get me a detectorpro pistol probe. I had that garrett proprobe, remember? It just wasnt for me. It got 2 inches but I had gotten spoiled by the detectorpro uniprobe that I had had. I liked the power of that but the headphones and extra wires got in the way which is why I sold it and got the garrett but then the garrett didnt have the depth like the uniprobe which is why I didnt like it. So got the pistol probe and I am happy. The pistol probe has good power. air testing on stuff and am getting up to 5 and 6 inches reach on it. Its great. Its bigger and heavier than the propointer but for me, the power and depth that it has more than makes up for it. If I detect something down to about 6 inches I can pinpoint it before I dig any dirt with that probe and get an idea of the size too and know exactly where it is at. I could do that with the uniprobe which is something else that I missed. But I listened to all these other folks going on and on about the garrett propointer and how great it was and such. Its good, its light, and its well usable and you can even dig some with I guess since it has that small scrapping blade on it. And it would get ok depth of about 2 to 3 inches which I guess is normal for them. But for me, that wasnt enough.

So now am happy with the pistol probe.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max

No don't know what I would do with that trailer but sell it and use the money on a new detector ;D

I thought the pistol probe was to big looking but I like the pro pointer except for that thing going off but read somewhere about putting a penny under the cover making the battery make better contact takes care of that so that is what I will do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions