Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am Arranging a GROUP HUNT for us COLORADO TNer's

Ok, check out the thread "Anyone hunt or live near Greeley/Ft Collins area?"

The photos of the places I am going to get anyone who wants to go onto to hunt. Two old abandoned homesteads...Havent been hunted except by me and only a few times even then. These are primo sites.

Read the thread above, check out the photos of the sites. And let me know. Respond on this thread if you are intersted. I will also be posting on my personal page on TN here about it once I have enough responses to arrange a date and time for us to get together. Will need to discuss with all who want to go, the date that will work for all.

These places are up in the NE corner near Sterling. The owner is a personal friend.

So let me know as soon as you can so we can pick a date.

conlaodh

Dec 10, 2007
Denver
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505, Explorer II
Re: I am Arranging a GROUP HUNT for us COLORADO TNer's

Hello old_goldchaser

I looked at your photo's and the old homesteads sure looked like fun places to detect.
Please count me in as I would love to take a crack at detecting the properties as I originally grew up in a rural setting myself but now live in metro Denver and do not get opportunities like this often.

Conlaodh

scooter

Nov 3, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

old_goldchaser,

What a great chance to hunt a great looking site. Depending on your weekend choice I would love to join you guys for the hunt. Would also love to camp at the site...

Just picked up a DFX 300 and still learning it, but not too bad of a jump from my XLT... Please let me know when and if this hunt will happen...

Thanks sooooo much,
Scooter

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ok guys, looks like we are going to have plenty of folks who want to go on the hunt. Ok, heres the deal. Give me a couple of days to get some things squared away, and verify things with my friend. In the meantime, how about a suggestion from each of you on the weekend we can do this. To give everyone a chance to make arragements, I suggest the weekend of the 15th and 16th of this month. You guys discuss it here and just let me know if that will work for everyone. I will post on my personal page about the weekend in the next day or two and then will pm you guys with my personal email address so I can get your info get directions and dates/times confirmed.

Dennis

scooter

Nov 3, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dennis,

Thanks for the update :icon_thumright:

Weekend of the 15th & 16th sounds great to me if it works for everyone else.

Thanks again,
Scooter

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Weekend of the 15th works great! Thanks for your efforts. :thumbsup:

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max

I'll can make it that weekend also. Can we come up the afternoon of the 14th and setup camp? That way we are all set to wakeup and get to it the 15th lol NO Detecting until the 15th though. How many of you bringing your better halfs? Not better half here but will make sure I behave and leave the whoopie cushion at home lol

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No problem coming up on the Friday. Just would need to know about what time anyone would be getting here.

And darn, Frank.....I guess if you are going to behave and leave the whoopy cushions, I guess I will too. :tongue3:

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max

Well now I didn't promise but can't figure out how to keep it inflated under a sitting rock. How many tent campers and how many campers everyone bringing. I am using a tent but thinking about putting it in the back of my trailer so I am off the ground but if enough tent campers I will leave trailer home.

Not sure about time I hate sitting around waiting for something to happen so sitting and waiting to leave is going to be torture lol Probably get there around 3 to 4pm I guess.

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Also, to all that are coming on the 15th. Wanted to tell you. These two homesites, homesteads, are only 2 of about, ohhhh, 10 abandoned homesteads, one old school site, one old church site. An old townsite, ALL in about a 2 mile radius of my home up here.
And believe me when I say this, there are alot more sites like these in the area.

Folks, by inviting you all out here, I am putting you in the middle of a detectorists paradise. :icon_pirat: I know the owners of the properties, many of them anyway, can tell you who, what, and where... I am doing this because I will be moving in about 5 months, so I will not be able to detect these out. I have only detected these just a few times...only on a couple of them... So I am handing this bonanza over to you folks.

Just remember. These are great people out here. Dont go on the places without direct permission. If you come up here again, that is. But you can never complain after this coming scheduled weekend hunt that you dont have anyplace to detect. Cause it will be a lie. :laughing7:

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Also, though I dont believe there will be any problem camping right by these sites, or on them, one is kinda hilly, the other is fairly flat though...but neither have water.

I have 40 acres here..and several spots someone can put a camper and hook up to water. And have a bathroom with shower available also, seperate from my house. So camping on my place isnt a problem that weekend. Just dont be surprised to have some goats coming to visit during the day. They are tame...love people, and will take all the petting and scratching you care to give. Also some chickens.
And I have no problem with campfires. Depending on the spot, of course.

And I figure Saturday nite, we can have a BBQ. I have a smoker and a big bbq pit, and plenty of meat. So after a day of hunting we can relax with some good bbq, some stories...of course some lies. See who can tell the biggest whopper.

Sounds like fun to me.

scooter

Nov 3, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frank1960 said:
Well now I didn't promise but can't figure out how to keep it inflated under a sitting rock. How many tent campers and how many campers everyone bringing. I am using a tent but thinking about putting it in the back of my trailer so I am off the ground but if enough tent campers I will leave trailer home.

Not sure about time I hate sitting around waiting for something to happen so sitting and waiting to leave is going to be torture lol Probably get there around 3 to 4pm I guess.

Frank,

I will be tent camping as well and also will be trying to come up on the 14th...

I have a stove and other stuff we can share if you or anyone needs anything...

I hope the weather will cooperate with us for the entire weekend but will bring some extra gear just in case...

Going to be a great time,
Scooter

conlaodh

Dec 10, 2007
Denver
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505, Explorer II

Weekend of the 15th/16th will work for me.
Thanks for all your time and effort you will have put into this outing.
Looking forward to the weekend.

Conlaodh

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max

I vote for the site with the bathroom I guess I could steal a portapotty along he way. LOL And with the water there I won't have to bring a couple of 5 gallon bottles.

Well guess I will leave my hauling trailer home and just pitch the tent the old fashion way on the ground.

Are ya going to be giving out contact sheets of the folks up there Dennis?

Don't anyone do any rain dances for the next 3 weeks I am wanting to do this.

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I need to have everyone PM me with their full names and email addresses and phone numbers, I will return the favor, just easier for all of you to PM me one time, then me having to PM a dozen or more folks. :icon_scratch:. Thats just for my information. I will then email everyone a list of who is coming, what days...(once everyone lets me know), and a sheet giving directions to my place, and my address. You can google my address and get street by street directions. I figure since most everyone except a few folks are camping then its just easier to meet here at my place then somewhere on the road.

I think its going to a good weekend.

Hey Frank...I even got a porta potty so you are covered.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max

Great then I won't steal one. Would have been a mess inside what with all the bumps and such between here and there unless I could have found a clean one lol

Ok will PM ya now.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max

I'll be the designated non drinker just check your detectors at the tent door lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread