from Wichita to Pagosa Springs

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wife and I've been vacationing here for 11 years and finally moved here 2 weeks ago. I'm in to coin and cache hunting. Looking to spend the winter to do serious research on a yet to be determined cache(s). Since I'm retired I have plenty of time. I'm interested in partnering up with someone from this area that shares the same interests. If you're interested in talking please pm me and we'll go from there.
Ken

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Congratulations Ken,

I hope and the missus enjoy Colorado. Have the aspens turned yet?

OP
OP
K

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
They are just starting. Probably about two weeks away from it being beautiful. I'll try and post a few photos when it happens. My wife is an avid photographer and trying to get her website up so she can sell some of it.
Ken

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Wanted to come up from Texas for the alpine beauty but took a trip to the hill country instead. Texas can't compare with
the mtns of CO. I hunt ghosts for relics in NM, AZ and CO. Used to prospect too but partner has settled down in Northern
AZ. Age has taken its toll.

OP
OP
K

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey there's a lot to be said for age. I'm going on 65 and just getting a good start!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is where I haven't looked for it.

Haha, I resemble that remark.

I don't know why I am drawn to things I have trouble doing. I love Gold prospecting, but live in Oklahoma. I love to scuba dive, but again, I'm in OK (and 4 hours away from any divable lake). Maybe it's the wanderlust, I always want to be somewhere else.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Yea Jason, know what you mean. I started with primitive TRs, then BFOS, then VLFS, one after the other till I had a closet
full. Then the gold bug bit me hard but not enough to give up 5K for the deluxe nugget shooter. Now I could care less about
digging up a few scrawny pickers. It's the memories that stick, the campfires, the stories, the blisters, the friends that live on
just like they were still around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread