new to colorado

P

PHANTOM35

;D YOU WANT TO HUNT GIVE ME A CALL / E-MAIL ...... LIVE IN ARAVADA , COLORADO..... ;D

madfranks

May 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Hey Fellas!
As you both know, it's been a cold and nasty winter so far, but as the cold goes away I've got plenty of hunts planned for this season! I usually try to post our planned hunts with enough time for anyone who's interested to come. I've got a couple of potential sites on my plate right now so keep your eyes posted here every now and then, once spring comes and the weather warms up, we'll be having alot of fun.
madfranks

Wild Boulder Bill

Jan 5, 2005
Now residing Waynesboro Georgia
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer, whites gtx, tesoro lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey CMC:
This is wild boulder bill. I live just south of you in Monument. I am mostly hunting in the sangre de cristos these days, but there is some really good hunting up in you area. There is the fort at cedar point. There was a calvary encampment between Monument and castle rock. There is several ghost town between monument and castle rock. I found a solid silver hair brooch at one of the dumps from one of the old restaurants in Palmer Lake. As you leave monument going toward castle rock watch the old abandoned train tracks about four miles up. I think you'll find that interesting. You have all those plains ghost towns. Exciting Days. We'll get together sometime for coffee. We.ll have to do it before july. I have hunters coming in from Georgia and arizona. So I''l be busy hopefully most of the summer. I love the minelab. I have the explorer 2.

Wild Boulder

Native1858

Oct 12, 2008
Colorado Springs
"There is the fort at cedar point. There was a calvary encampment between Monument and castle rock. There is several ghost town between monument and castle rock. "

Have you ever heard of any Cavalry guys buried aorund there? I ask becasue i was on top of Ben Lomond Mesa once, and another lady hiker mentioned it while I was up there.

Where was the cavlary encampment? I would love to know more.

sodapoptop

May 13, 2008
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Welcome to the area! :hello: I am in the Castle Rock area and use the Minelab Explorer, send me a message if I can help in any way. I speak the language of Minelab

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sodapoptop said:
Welcome to the area! :hello: I am in the Castle Rock area and use the Minelab Explorer, send me a message if I can help in any way. I speak the language of Minelab
Is there any place safe for detectors in your area? I thought all of Douglas County was pretty much off limits.

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CMC13, Cary welcome.

I use a Minelab Xterra and live in Broomfield. And have family in Parker and am down there quite a bit. Retired with a lot of time, transportation and a GPS.

Any of you Colorado folks planning a hunt, I am up for one. And always for coffee and a donut! I'll buy so let me know? :)

Bob Snare (aka: BufalloBob)
Broomfield

TiredIron

Mar 10, 2009
Cotopaxi, Colorado
Detector(s) used
CZ-7, F5, FX-3
Howdy Cary,
Welcome to the area. I too live in Parker. I have Fisher detectors. I know a few close sites you can work over and I'll join you if I have the time. We can get together and discuss the history of the area if you wish.

adios
TiredIron

Gold_Striker

Sep 27, 2010
Denver,CO
Detector(s) used
xterra 705 by minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys I'm new to all this also so if any of you is going up I would like to know. Maybe I'll tag along sometime?

BTW I got a job driving all over the evergreen area about 50-100 mile radius so if you guys wanna help me learn how to spot geo indicators of gold and silver I'll make sure to tell you if I find anything promising while I'm working. I've begun studying different ore types for Colorado in which gold and silver are known to be present in. I'd hate to think we come across rich ore and don't even know it lol. :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread