any dfx user in colorado springs

M

MindHunter

Hello, Welcome to TN
Although I Cannot help you with your issue I just wanted to extend a Neighborly Hello to you.....

I just Moved to the Springs a few months ago and I haven't Had a chance to do any Detecting here yet.... But Now that the weather has Changed for the better, I'll have to start finding out a little more about MDing around here..

I just picked up a Explorer SE along with an Excalibur 1000 as-well.. I hope to be able to put the Excal to use in Streams, lakes, rivers.. But I'm still working on finding out if it is Legal to or not.....
AS Colorado seems to have very Particular laws.....

I've tried looking into Pikes Peak Adventure League.. "MD Club" They don't have a website that I'm aware of ...... Guess I would have to find out about where and when they meet......

But anyways Maybe I'll see ya around the Campus !!!

OP
OP
M

mmiller

May 21, 2006
COLORADO SPRINGS
Detector(s) used
DFX & XLT & Judge II Auto
Thanks mindhunter, you do have to watch some of the laws around here.I believe the ppal meets the 3erd thursday of every mo. at a place called Namath's down on Nevada, but I could be wrong. send me an email I might be able to help with some of the restriction or concerns you might have. Ive been MD in Colorado for over 20 years.

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I live in Colorado, and I've never been run off from MDing. We do have rights left [some]
Ive found as long as I carry trash out nobody ever bothers me.
I did have a problem with a Catholic priest on a church yard once.
I just went into the church yard and started digging [very careful cutting grass plugs as not to kill the grass] and this priest came out and started cussing like a sailor at me "Get the f*** out of here you Bas%$#^' He was bad LOL. He said he was calling the cops, and did. When the cops got there I just told the priest that the church didn't own the land it is lent by the city, making it Public property, and the church doesn't pay one cent of tax on it.
The cop checked with the district attorney, and said I was right, and that the priest had better apologise to me and leave me alone. He wouldn't apologize to me so I kept digging all I wanted, showing him the cross's and rings and coins I was finding. He was a total jerk so I'm going back every 6 Mo's or so just to piss him off.
Dano.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So far in the vicinity of colorado springs area, there are only three places anybody ever had a problem with me MD,ing in the last three years.

1. Monument lake. There are no posted signs that tell you that private property starts 50' above the high water mark, although, the lady that informed me was very nice about it.

2. The park in the town of Monument. I was MD'ing (there was supposed to have been a train depot in that location at one time), and a city park work supervisor approached me and told me that he didn't think that I was supposed to be there. I asked him for his bosses name, and I called her on my cell as I walked away from him. My experience with people like him is, it's futile to bicker. His boss, the director of parks for the City of Monument, told me that I could MD on any city property that I wanted.

3. The baseball diamond in the City of Victor. As I was MDing, the Victor police officer (notice I say THE Victor police officer... ;D) came by and told me that the Mayor had just driven by and didn't want me MDing on her baseball diamond. The officer was very nice about it and I could tell he didn't like having to tell me to leave.

Anytime anybody wants to go MDing, or nugget hunting Email me anytime. I'm in law enforcement and my days off right now are Thursdays & Fridays. [email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions