Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Stoney,Clear Creek is almost all the way open from Golden to Blackhawk for panning.The guys that have this site,are great people and I'm sure will give you a couple of specific places.

http://www.coloradoprospector.com/

Idaho Sprgs has a nice motel and eateries.GPAA claim not far from there also.

Don't forget to take plenty of money for the slots!

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I forgot to add,that if you really want the scoop,contact Bill at;

Gold-N-Detectors
802 Washington Ave.
Golden, CO 80401
Ph: 888-822-1557

He's an old Missourian(Jeff City) and just mention MO and he'll help all he can.HH

ps-heard yesterday that CO got 12" of snow just west of Denver!

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Thanks WSD! I noticed on the map that Clear Creek seems to run along the highway going west. I'll check with Bill and see what info he's got. I looked for and found some Fairfield and Marriott hotels in the area. We get a deep discount since the wife works at one so we'll probably stay there.
:o Hopefully it'll melt before I get there. At over 9,000 feet above sea level, maybe I ought to take a portable O2 tank with me. LOL

camcolo

Mar 17, 2005
Fort Collins, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Whites Beach Hunter TDI
Don't worry about the snow.... I live at 8600 feet (Pine Jct - Hwy 285) and we only have a few spots of snow from last weekend. Supposed to be in the 80's over the next few days. The creek is running high. I am going to be in the Blackhawk/Central City area tomorrow and Saturday and am anxious to get out.

Looks like it will be a good summer for detecting. I am not sure about who has claims on Clear Creek, but as mentioned the Gold n Detectors are the ones to ask. Access is great along the roadway, plenty of pullouts. I would get some topo maps. There are a lot of areas to go in the area.

Curt

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Thanks for the info Curt. I've got Bill's email addy from Eureka's THC website. As long as the creek runs full and pulls the gold down by latter July I'll be happy.
Good luck and HH!

hidin

May 19, 2007
Bailey, Colorado
Camcolo, NO WAY, you're in Pine Jct?? I'm in Bailey and thought I was the only one with a detector on this whole 285 corridor. Maybe you're the reason I never find much? ;D

Stoney, have a good trip out here and I hope you find some good hunting spots. Remember that our soil is highly mineralized around here and can be a real pain in the behind when you're detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread