Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Columbian. (Bloomsburg, Pa.), 30 March 1899

a.jpg
b.jpg
c.jpg
d.jpg
e.jpg

The Columbian. (Bloomsburg, Pa.) 1866-1910, March 30, 1899, Page 4, Image 4 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know,,,
Back in times long past,,diaries, journals and whatnot have recorded things we now find incredible. Like all the "giant" skeketons and burial mounds. The same for myths,,, ALL myths have a core
"truth" to them. So in my opinion it DOES pay to invstigate these long "lost" accounts of things.

Just thinkiing to myself and documenting those thoughts,,, just like in the past,,, get it?

Hit

OH !!,,, when do you and your nepher want to hunt again? I have found some new places,, old distillery and a couple old sawmills from an 1885 map I have.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know,,,
Back in times long past,,diaries, journals and whatnot have recorded things we now find incredible. Like all the "giant" skeketons and burial mounds. The same for myths,,, ALL myths have a core
"truth" to them. So in my opinion it DOES pay to invstigate these long "lost" accounts of things.

Just thinkiing to myself and documenting those thoughts,,, just like in the past,,, get it?

Hit

OH !!,,, when do you and your nepher want to hunt again? I have found some new places,, old distillery and a couple old sawmills from an 1885 map I have.

I'll have to check with him, but definitely not till this humidity breaks

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya there,,it just drains you of energy. Both spots are in the mountains,, so maybe fall would be better.
We can still hunt the stone place for sure,,,I would LOVE to get into that basement,,,might have to pump water out though. But that's not a real issue,,,the BAMBOO is the issue.
LOL

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few different stories about that but all with about the same location and info. I've wandered around in that same area and didn't notice any gold but that is a biiiiig country there. It is peculiar how there are several stories about some guy who finds a 'curious' or 'pretty' rock and just picks up a sample, and it turns out to be rich in gold, but they can't go back to where they found it. And peculiar how they are right in the middle of a major gold producing area and everybody and his uncle is on the lookout for a gold mine and checkin every rock for color, (like this part of the country years ago) but always a few stories of this one guy who apparently didn't get the news and just stumbles onto a lode with nary a thought of gold on his mind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions