WW2 Good conduct medal Aurora resident

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for a bit of assistance from anyone in the Aurora area. We found a WW2 Good Conduct Medal in the Denton, Texas, area, for a Lem Thomas Buford, born in 1919, and have tracked him to an address on S Andes in Aurora. Seems he passed away in 2007, but family is still listed there.

So, anyone in that area that can help us return it we would appreciate it. Ray, 'Esko' has had it restored with ribbon, and is mounted in a box. We are trying to find some sort of WW2 era pic in uniform so we can put it with the medal.

Would love to get it to someone to return and maybe get some pics. We hang out on coinshootingonline from the Houston area. Ray is in Denton Texas. Esko on that site and I am jas415

Thanks guys, and ladies.

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PM sent with contact information.

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As an FYI for anyone else reading this, I have made contact with Mr. Buford's daughter. She was happy with the news and I have given her contact information for Ray.

OP
OP
jas415

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray received a call today and he is in the process of arranging some sort of return. Hopefully we can get the Fort Carson PAO to assist in this. Possible Monday on the anniversary of his death at his burial site. Ray is working on it.
Thanks again for your assistance. We were about at out wits end as how to get them to respond.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions