HELP -- Need a Certificate of location -- placer mining claim form for Colorado

Old_Festus

Apr 28, 2013
south eastern PA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My brother is in the process of making a placer claim in south western county in Colorado and needs to obtain a "Certificate of location" --placer mining claim form.

The Geologist in town gave him an example form but its marked huge with the word COPY written on it and was told that he needs to find his own form online. They won't provide him with a correct blank form ...so my brother asked if I could find one online and fax it to him, when he comes into town for supplies on June 12th.

Does anyone have a copy of a blank "Certificate of location" --placer mining claim form that they could provide me with? I can't believe that the guy in the BLM office cant give him the proper form. In fact the Geologist at the BLM office said it doesn't even have to be a Colorado Certificate of location form, as long as the info contains the required info.

How ridiculous is that for a government agency? Can anyone point me to a copy that will work so he can get this claim filed?

OP
OP
O

Old_Festus

Apr 28, 2013
south eastern PA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I decided to take the form that was marked COPY and by printing off the photograph of the form, had something to work with.

I completely redid it and made it look just about identical to the one that my brother was given by BLM. Now, I just have to hope they accept it at all three offices that require a copy. Some states have much more complicated forms, (affidavits, required notary work and stuff) but the Colorado form that the Geologist provided my brother has no such info on it. I really hope this works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread