SW Colorado History Books Wanted

lostcoastau

Greenie
Jan 22, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an book store on the main street in Ouray that has the best collection
of SW Colorado books and maps I have ever seen.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're up Denver way, The Tattered Cover has lots, and they don't do too bad ordering stuff they don't have on hand. I still call them if I have troubles finding stuff. The only bad thing about the place is you go for a quick looksee and end up spending half the day! Oh! if you're on a budget take cash leave the check book home!!! Always end up over spending in that place go in for one book & leave with an armload. This is the one I go to, they have several others.

1628 16th St, Denver, CO 80202 Phone: (303) 436-1070

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also check the little local libraries in that part of the state. Those little libraries don't throw anything out and they usually take pride in having a collection of local history books: in Dewey Decimal 978!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also check out Western Reflections Publishing. They specialize in Colorado related books.

lostcoastau

Greenie
Jan 22, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to add miningbooks.com I met these people at the treasure show in Cortez last spring.
Awesome folks with a backround in mining that are from Colorado Springs. One of the best
collections of books and publications around.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also check the little local libraries in that part of the state. Those little libraries don't throw anything out and they usually take pride in having a collection of local history books: in Dewey Decimal 978!
True! Good point.

For some reason, I've got this picture of people scratching their heads going "Who's Dewey?" and heading over to Google to see what decimal 978 relates to in mining & treasure hunting. :tongue3::laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread