Planning a move to Denver area august 2017

treasure_hunter_2004

May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know a soul in colorado, wouldn't mind changing that. Am a gold prospectin kinda guy.

I am from Kansas but frequently makes to Colorado during the spring time to do some treasure hunting myself. shoot me a message if interested

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool. Hope ya love it here. Where exactly will your new home base be?

PS tnet gold prospectors don't really use this state based area. Post over in the Gold Prospecting forum :)

OP
OP
G

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. Hope ya love it here. Where exactly will your new home base be?

PS tnet gold prospectors don't really use this state based area. Post over in the Gold Prospecting forum :)

Thanks for the advice, I knew they were hidin somewhere. I'm still undecided where to relocate exactly, not a great deal of 1 bedrooms available I noticed heh

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, Colorado has been booming so start your housing search early :)

It's worth it tho!!

treasuregirls

Mar 2, 2015
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you made it out to Colorado yet? What area are you in?

OP
OP
G

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ohboy no my life is upside down with health problems with no end in sight right now.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time I was in Denver it was zero degrees. Have fun with that!

OP
OP
G

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Above 0 is warm. At least it is when you've lived in Northern New England. Thanks for the heads up.. I was kinda hoping to find a prospecting buddy through here. Really I need a mining partner, not a hobbyist, someone that eats & breathes gold day in and day out. Finding someone like that that is also trustworthy and not a blockhead who is semi-close in terms of age is like playing the lottery... Goodluck.

OP
OP
G

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So trying this again... 2018 summer / fall. That said anyone have information on the second shear zone south of the CMB in regards to mineral content? It runs a bit more westerly instead of a more NE alignment like that of the CMB and it runs from CO springs all the way to the western border where it intersects the CMB.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So trying this again... 2018 summer / fall. That said anyone have information on the second shear zone south of the CMB in regards to mineral content? It runs a bit more westerly instead of a more NE alignment like that of the CMB and it runs from CO springs all the way to the western border where it intersects the CMB.

The concept of the “Colorado Mineral Belt” has been debunked by the geologists. Your view of it is more accurate! It’s basically a triangle reaching from west boulder county south past Cripple Creek and west to the sw corner of the state. Then back up diagonally toward Boulder County.

PS i hope you make it out here!

OP
OP
G

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The concept of the “Colorado Mineral Belt” has been debunked by the geologists. Your view of it is more accurate! It’s basically a triangle reaching from west boulder county south past Cripple Creek and west to the sw corner of the state. Then back up diagonally toward Boulder County.

PS i hope you make it out here!

Hey that's pretty cool, I'd love to get out there. Imo the entire area has been / is being uplifted by a deep mantle plum as the continental plates ride over it, that's what it looks like anyways.

Life is still upside down, stuck without a good doc & income at this point. Family helping out, just kinda a waiting game to either get income or some marginal improvement in health. If I ever get back on my feet the plan is indeed get my butt to CO springs.

This is what I see when I look at Colorado, it's a busy place. I didn't even get them all, where they intersect tend to line up with the hotspots.
coloradodeepfaults.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So due to a falling out with roommate (he has a hardcore drinking problem) sick or not looks like I'm just going to scoot to CO and try to find a place in the springs. Work will be interesting given the condition of my health, I couldn't prospect at this point.

Like moving in the middle of being out of work for a year is hardly my idea of fun, but at least winter is a ways off. Try not to freeze before winter shows up lol.

Thankfully I prepared ahead of time anticipating my health may be **** for several years / life, or the collapse of the dollar... either way bug out bag - check.

That said the plan is head to ER when I get there and hope for the best (i've been trying to get answers for 5 years)... hospitals to avoid?

I'd really like to get a MED badge to get my foot in the MMJ door while it's taking off.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions