Prospecting mentor needed near Durango, Colorado

Crashcrew

Apr 24, 2017
Hesperus, Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I moved here three months ago and know the river flowing through the ranch has GOLD! I've only just started prospecting and need some help out here. There is ancient river rocks everywhere, signs from the late 1800's where the miners hand panned a section of the river. I've taken several test pans and I get fines and some flakes but I get from 3 to 10 of those in every pan at less than a foot deep. PM me if your interested in sharing some knowledge and you'll get to look for gold where nobody has in a hundred years on private property.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It'll be later in the summer before I can come but I'd love to help if you still need a hand at that point :)

OP
OP
C

Crashcrew

Apr 24, 2017
Hesperus, Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you let me know when your about to be in town. I'd love to have some company that knows what to look for. There is gold in every single pan I take and I'm not digging more than 6". It's small but you can certainly see it. It's only a matter of time before I find the elusive "pay streak".

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Make sure you let me know when your about to be in town. I'd love to have some company that knows what to look for. There is gold in every single pan I take and I'm not digging more than 6". It's small but you can certainly see it. It's only a matter of time before I find the elusive "pay streak".

Will do!!

OP
OP
C

Crashcrew

Apr 24, 2017
Hesperus, Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's 550 acres and its beautiful. I couldn't ask for anything better while getting rich....slowly and I mean very slowly.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did you end up doing this summer crashcrew? Any developments?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you like I could stop by later on Tuesday or on Wednesday morning ...while I'm in town. Yes?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well that didn't work. Another option: join the "finding gold in Colorado" group on Facebook and ask there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread