Treasure in Grand Junction?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By mp3clark
  • 3 Post By cyzak
  • 1 Post By mp3clark
  • 1 Post By gunsil
  • 2 Post By Johnnybravo300
  • 2 Post By KevinInColorado
  • 2 Post By tamrock
  • 1 Post By cyzak

Thread: Treasure in Grand Junction?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2014
    Colorado
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Treasure in Grand Junction?

Hi all,
    Recently moved to Grand Junction, CO. Any suggestions for a good hunt? Particularly wondering if the Spanish ever made it this way and may have left any caches or vaults behind.

Cheers
    vpnavy likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA)
    15515 times
    I moved ya from GENERAL DISCUSSION over to FORUM: COLORADO for more exposure.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.
    "...not my circus, not my monkeys..."

us
    Jul 2018
    Mountains of Western Colorado
    Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Crystal ball,Noggin
    2171 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mp3clark View Post
    Hi all,
    Recently moved to Grand Junction, CO. Any suggestions for a good hunt? Particularly wondering if the Spanish ever made it this way and may have left any caches or vaults behind.

Cheers
    Go down to the Museum of Western Colorado on 462 Ute Ave and take a look at what the WIT team has found around the mountains of Grand Junction.
    The mountains have rules.They are harsh rules,but they are there,and if you keep to them you are safe.A mountain is not like men. A mountain is sincere. The weapons to conquer it exists inside you,inside your soul.

us
    Jan 2014
    Colorado
    2 times
    Thanks vpnavy!

us
    Jan 2014
    Colorado
    2 times
    Thanks cyzak!
    cyzak likes this.

us
    Dec 2012
    lower hudson valley, N.Y.
    safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
    4126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cyzak View Post
    Go down to the Museum of Western Colorado on 462 Ute Ave and take a look at what the WIT team has found around the mountains of Grand Junction.
    I've been to that museum and enjoyed their displays, definitely worth visiting for any history buffs who go to Grand Junction.
    cyzak likes this.
    Ya won't find nuthin' if ya don't hunt

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2470 times
    Prospecting
    Rattlesnake Gulch near Delta is a pretty place and would be fun to explore.
    Not far from GJ.
    tamrock and cyzak like this.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    11019 times
    Prospecting
    The Spanish did indeed go through that area. When I visited a couple years ago, we hiked part of the old Spanish trail. Lots of cool history there. Enjoy!
    tamrock and cyzak like this.

us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    20887 times
    There are stories of a lost Spanish gold mine 2 hours to the south west of Grand Junction over in the Henry mountains near Hanksville, Utah and you'll find stories of it online. Also they were and maybe still are wanting to develop a gold and silver mine in the Henry's called Bromide mining. I was going over there when they were developing the underground work, but they gave up on that and now the plan is to develop an open pit mine. I had a friend who is now passed, that showed me a rock he said his grandmother found a river wash quartz rock about the size of an egg in Escalante canyon not far from Grand Junction and it had a very detailed mans face carved in it and I thought the image of the face was a person with Spanish features. I wish I took a picture of it.
    gunsil and cyzak like this.

us
    Jul 2018
    Mountains of Western Colorado
    Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Crystal ball,Noggin
    2171 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrock View Post
    There are stories of a lost Spanish gold mine 2 hours to the south west of Grand Junction over in the Henry mountains near Hanksville, Utah and you'll find stories of it online. Also they were and maybe still are wanting to develop a gold and silver mine in the Henry's called Bromide mining. I was going over there when they were developing the underground work, but they gave up on that and now the plan is to develop an open pit mine. I had a friend who is now passed, that showed me a rock he said his grandmother found a river wash quartz rock about the size of an egg in Escalante canyon not far from Grand Junction and it had a very detailed mans face carved in it and I thought the image of the face was a person with Spanish features. I wish I took a picture of it.
    In this video all the artifacts shown are fake a man in the 50's went around the Grand Junction area and down into utah hiding this stuff.No one knows why he did this but it is all fake people to this day still find this crap he hid especially in Dominguez canyon and the cactus Park area.I am not saying this is what your friend had Tamrock but this man did throw a lot of this stuff out there.
    gunsil likes this.
    The mountains have rules.They are harsh rules,but they are there,and if you keep to them you are safe.A mountain is not like men. A mountain is sincere. The weapons to conquer it exists inside you,inside your soul.

Sponsored Links