long time reader, first time poster

husker du

Apr 30, 2008
Thornton, CO.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
howdy! i just got back into mding after about a 20 yr. absence. i live in thornton and my new ace 250 has been great at locating clad in the neighborhood parks. however, i'm (like most, i'm sure) more interested in older coins and silver. does anyone have info regarding mding in denver's local parks, specifically City Park near the Zoo? how about some of the older school yards around town? there appear to be a few interesting locations, but i'm unsure as to how much they've been worked over the years. also, there are many older homes in the city in various neighborhoods- has anyone had any luck with the old "knock & ask" approach? any advice is much appreciated! HH

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Just stopped in to welcome you to the world of posting here! I am sure you have seen how helpful folks are and I am sure someone from your area will jump in with some good ideas for you! Happy hunting!

denverjoe04

Feb 25, 2008
Denver
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
City park has nothing.....its been hunted hard for 30 years..but its worth a try...I have never had any luck. You want to try the lesser known older parks.

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Local or county historical society / museum can provide you with a wealth of information and a beginning point for your research. Research is the key to the treasure. Old swimming holes, Picnic areas that were used in the late 1800's and early 1900's. don't just look at the existing parks. DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!

HH

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but more to add the ACE250 is a very good machine. there are limitations as with every machine. The more you use it the better you and it become. Think 100 hours. I am also a ACE 250 user and am just approching the 100 hour threshold. I know I am finding better stuff and deeper than when I started.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread