New to the Area

MICHIGANJAY

Dec 28, 2006
MI
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT, Equinox, Excal. 10, Ultra 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello detectorists of Colorado. I just relocated to the Colorado Springs Area and I'm lovin it. Lots of cool places to visit and plenty of locations to see. I've been so caught up in the adventure that I haven't really had much time to get out and hunt--although it is always on my mind :icon_sunny:. While I have accumulated some really cool old maps of the area, I was wondering if there are any specific locations that you would recommend (or not recommend)? I've gotten the OK from the city parks dept. to metal detect on city land, as long as I don't use a pick or shovel to dig with. I presume that a small handheld trowell is OK though. Lookin for some good folks to head out with to get acclimated with the area. Any advice is welcome and headin' out into the field with some people would be even better. Let me know what the good word is. Thanks in advance. Patches.

denverjoe04

Feb 25, 2008
Denver
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Well I live in Denver...your 45 mins South...Ive wanted to hunt Colo Springs for awhile though..if you find anything old and interesting Im down to go hunting with you..:)

Neotox428

Nov 3, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter II
Teknetics Omega 8500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am also new to the hobby and from colorado springs. Where do you get permission to hunt city parks? Also, are there any restrictions?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread