You Can Tell Its Election Time.

K

Kentucky Kache

Re: You Can Tell It's Election Time.

BuckleBoy said:
I think that by posting something, you have a responsibility to think a little ahead about how it will be perceived.

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

So, how is it okay for you to post disrespectful things about angels, and other things of faith, that people who are not like you believe in?

BuckleBoy said:
I keep mine stuffed inside my Bible on my nightstand beside my Grenade Launcher.

Like this one.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cache Crazy said:
BuckleBoy said:
I think that by posting something, you have a responsibility to think a little ahead about how it will be perceived.

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

So, how is it okay for you to post disrespectful things about angels, and other things of faith, that people who are not like you believe in?

Do you believe in everything on that list? If not, find something that you don't believe in, laugh at it, and get over it. Or you could just continue to pick out that thing or things which you believe in, and continue to get steamed about me bringing it up. :wink:

My faith I Do Not share on this forum. Never have and never will. So I know for a 100% FACT that you don't have any clue as to what I do or don't believe.

I made a statement about the number of posts about these topics cropping up around election time. I don't know how to explain it, but those posts are there--and they are in greater numbers than previous months. If you don't believe me, take a look. I think it is curious--and indeed humorous that the End Of The World is upon us if one person rather than the other gets elected. I mean, you're either With Us or Against Us, right? It's US or THEM. (In reality, I think we're all pretty much Doomed, regardless of which joker becomes president.)

I was a "guest" on this site Far Longer than I've been a member here, and I'm on TreasureNet a lot (maybe too much), so I notice these things...

This website is not modeled on our United States government. But you are free to post here without being personally attacked--and if you re-read the first post in this thread, then there is no reason to believe that anyone has been attacked. I did not post names. I posted a fact.

We do not have a forum here on Long Range Locators. But if I had bought one, and wanted to *Believe*--very badly--in the fact that it worked, I still couldn't post it here on TreasureNet. I might even be offended that there was no forum for them--regardless of the fact that Science says they don't work! "Freedom of Belief" evidently does not go that far here. :wink:

If you think this post constitutes a personal attack--then Report it to the moderators. If I wake up tomorrow and this thread is gone, I won't shed any tears, get bent out of shape, become angry, or get even.

But I will continue to post what I think upfront and honest--and not always necessarily what folks want to hear.

Regards,

Buckleboy

K

Kentucky Kache

BuckleBoy said:
My faith I Do Not share on this forum. Never have and never will. So I know for a 100% FACT that you don't have any clue as to what I do or don't believe.

Sure I do. You told me.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cache Crazy said:
BuckleBoy said:

Sure I do. You told me.

OK, post a link to it.

K

Kentucky Kache

BuckleBoy said:
Do you believe in everything on that list? If not, find something that you don't believe in, laugh at it, and get over it. Or you could just continue to pick out that thing or things which you believe in, and continue to get steamed about me bringing it up. :wink:

Why do you want to laugh at others for believing differently than yourself, and then accuse others of doing so?

K

Kentucky Kache

BuckleBoy said:
Cache Crazy said:
BuckleBoy said:

Sure I do. You told me.

OK, post a link to it.

Its all over this thread.
Have you ever picked a watermelon from a pear tree? Me neither.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cache Crazy said:
BuckleBoy said:
Cache Crazy said:
BuckleBoy said:

Sure I do. You told me.

OK, post a link to it.

Its all over this thread.
Have you ever picked a watermelon from a pear tree? Me neither.

I don't get it, CC. Please--Tell me what I believe. :D

K

Kentucky Kache

BuckleBoy said:

By laughing at people who believe in the Bible and angels, and accusing them of being racist and gun toters (as if guns were evil), you show people what you DON'T believe in.

I don't have to tell it, people with understanding can see it.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cache Crazy said:
BuckleBoy said:

By laughing at people who believe in the Bible and angels, and accusing them of being racist and gun toters (as if guns were evil), you show people what you DON'T believe in.

Perhaps you could laugh it off, if there weren't a little Truth to it... :wink:

When did I state that I didn't believe in the Bible? (I don't think you can answer that question.)

I fire guns. Got a problem with that? If you want, we'll go down to the Knob Creek Range this weekend. I'd also like you to quote me where I said guns were "evil." (I don't think you can answer that request either.)

I have no respect for folks who hear only what they wish to hear.

-Buck

K

Kentucky Kache

I don't think you have respect for ANYBODY who believes in old fashioned morals and decency. I have already answered those questions, why can't you see it?

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cache Crazy said:
I don't think you have respect for ANYBODY who believes in old fashioned morals and decency. I have already answered those questions, why can't you see it?

CC, I can't see it because Nowhere did I say I didn't believe in the Bible--and nowhere did I say anything positive or negative about guns. So what you're accusing me of saying does not exist. Maybe you should read it a second time.

Maybe you should think harder--because what you think about me is incorrect.

(A word of advice to all Tnet members. If you make posts about Dowsing or Unicorns, folks will come onto your threads and accuse you of having no respect for Morals and Decency.)

:D

Attachments

• TheUnicornOfTruthAndDecency.JPG
    TheUnicornOfTruthAndDecency.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 246
K

Kentucky Kache

"You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are going to regenerate and they have not.

"And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." Barack Obama

BuckleBoy said:
I keep mine stuffed inside my Bible on my nightstand beside my Grenade Launcher.
BuckleBoy

People know what comments like that are about.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cache Crazy said:
"You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are going to regenerate and they have not.

"And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." Barack Obama

BuckleBoy said:
BuckleBoy

People know what comments like that are about.

I think maybe you should drop the word "Cache" from your name... :tongue3:

K

Kentucky Kache

You might be right about that.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BuckleBoy said:
Shortstack,

I only complained about one of your threads--the other thread I did not even see, but obviously others--or the moderators themselves--found it offensive.

The headrag may be functional there--but the way it's viewed here is completely different. No doubt this is part of what made the joke "funny" to you in the first place--several layers of racial pigeonholing going on at once.
I think that by posting something, you have a responsibility to think a little ahead about how it will be perceived. And I will tell you that most Americans don't think of a Sand Storm when they see a head rag. (But then again, you knew that when you posted it in the first place >:( )

TNet members are not warned, PM'ed, or contacted in advance about their posts being deleted--that's just the way it works. (Why do you deserve special treatment? ) And evidently other actions have been taken by the Mods against you, so it seems that you've been a problem before.

Best Wishes,
Buckleboy

You certainly are assuming a lot. What makes that photo funny is a combination of the headrags and the names, bin Stroking; bin Lying; bin Cheating; bin Biting.

You claim that no one is warned by PM or contacted when a post is deleted and wonder why I think I deserve special treatment. First, I do not think I deserve special treatment and have not asked for any. Those are your words. Marc has mentioned in posts that he has warned people for rule infractions; particularly for personal attacks.

BuckleBoy said:
I think maybe you should drop the word "Cache" from your name... :tongue3:

I'm curious. Do you label that comment "funny" ? Or would you call it a personal attack? :icon_scratch:

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois

I found this so called joke very offensive. But if you have noticed bucklesboy gets a pass on a lot of what he posts. He is the only person on here that is allowed to be offended. And yes that was a personal attack by buckles, but don't worry it will be allowed to stay.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I think it is curious--and indeed humorous that the End Of The World is upon us if one person rather than the other gets elected.

Actually you have a point there, I have noticed the same... ;D

I did not find it offensive though not really funny either...
But it does contain some form of truth.

And no you can believe what you want without being crazy, at least it doesn't matter to me.. :thumbsup:

Regards,
Eu

Stargeezer

May 23, 2007

Shortstack said:
BuckleBoy said:
Shortstack said:
Another sign is when some folks start playing the race card and whining about some innocent posts.

Shortstack--you posted photos of those you said were "obama's cabinet nominees," and they were all BLACK and were decked out in "Towel-Head" attire.

Do YOU not think that's wrong?

No, I do not think this is racist or wrong. It's actually funny. Can you deny the "earned names"?

Do you think this photo is worse than your opening of this thread????

So in your eyes, Bill Clinton is black??????? That speaks VOLUMES. I know that post was deleted because you complained to the Mod. You also complained to Marc about that other post I made about Osama and Obama and a little "bs". None of my posts are / were anymore "racist" than your opening comment on this thread.

Bill Clinton was hailed as being our first black president.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions