WHY DONT METHODISTS MAKE LOVE STANDING UP?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: WHY DON'T METHODISTS MAKE LOVE STANDING UP?

mcgearhead said:
Psalms 149:3

Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp

2 Samuel 6:14

And David danced before the Lord with all his might; and David was girded with a linen e-phod

These wouldn't be the first verses to be ignored by different religious practitioners; nor the last.
Besides-----it's a joke. Lighten up a little.

S

Smee

mcgearhead said:
I know it was a joke ! I was just using this chance for other religious denominations, that don't believe that it is ok to dance for God to see that this is what He acually wants us to do !

If they actually read the WORD themselves, instead of relying on someone else to tell them what to believe, it would never be a problem. Too much trouble for most to do, besides, it might cramp their style.

Just watch --- now someone is going to get offended and the thread killed or moved.

Oh well, thanks for the chuckle SS.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mcgearhead said:
I know it was a joke ! I was just using this chance for other religious denominations, that don't believe that it is ok to dance for God to see that this is what He acually wants us to do !
Just look at all the wonderful things that He has done for us, some people dance when they get happy thinking about this, and I can see why !
I was not putting down the joke, just using an oppurtinity !

Okee-doaky. But, it's like Smee pointed out. For some reason, those denominations seem to skip over the verses that let us know that it's alright to dance in celebration of God's goodness.
When King David was dancing and jumping for joy when he was leading the procession carrying the Ark of the Covenant back into the Temple, Jessebel made fun of him and told him that he was acting like a little child. For that, David banished her to live out the rest of her life childless and alone.

I will admit that some of the so-called dances one sees today are pretty vulgar, but simply jumping around singing and celebrating is perfectly reasonable. ;D :tard: :tongue3: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions