FROM A CHILD"S MOUTH

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
FROM A CHILD"S MOUTH

Several years ago when I lived in New York and flew to customer sites often, my wife would usually drop me off at Newark(N.J.) airport and pick me up when I returned. On one trip, I was only going to be gone for a few days,so I drove myself, and parked the car in Newark. When I returned, the weather was lousy, and it was late at night, I wanted nothing more than to get home to the comfort of my wife and my own bed. When I arrived, the storm was very loud, with crashing thunder and severe
lightning. As I came into our bedrom about 2A.M., I found my two children, Alex, (3), and Cindy, (12),in bed with
my wife, Carolyn, apparently scared by the loud storm.

I resigned myself to sleeping in the guest bedroom that night. The next day, I talked to the children, and explained
that it was ok to sleep with Mom when the storm was bad, But when I was expected home, please don't sleep Mom
that night. They said, "Ok."

After my next trip,several weeks later, Carolyn and the children came to pick me up in the terminal, at the
appointed time. Since the plane was late, everyone had come into the terminal to wait for my plane's arrival,
along with hundreds of other folks waiting for their arriving passengers.

As I entered the waiting area, Alex saw me, and came running and shouting, "Hi, Dad! I'vr got some goodnews!"

As I waved back, I said loudly,"Hi, Alex! And what is the good news?"

"The good news is that nobody slept with Mommy while you were away this time!" Alex shouted.

The airport became very quiet, as everyone in the waiting area looked at Alex, then turned to me, and then searched
the rest of the area, to see if they could figure out exactly who his Mom was.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: FROM A CHILD"S MOUTH

and bet you didn't either that night.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread