Open letter to CRHers

Mar 26, 2009
Hello people-

I am sorry to tell you this, but the end is very near and my company is making it happen.

I work in the statistics deptartment for this company and we have been contracted to build a machine that would extract silver coins out of circulation in US currency. We have succeeded in building such machine. It taken us over 7 years. It has been beta tested for over 1 year by Brinks in their Baltimore Service Center. As part of my job I needed to research, which included buying boxes of coin from many banks. Our machine allowed less than .001% of silver coin to reach banks.

The machine will be soon used by Us Government.

I am sorry, I know about silver coin through my research and know a person can make much profit from this. My company will make many millions.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, but that won't stop a bank from selling a recently filled bag to a customer before it ever reaches a Fed bank.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I don't believe you. But if I am wrong, I will apologize.

What is the name of the company that invented this wonder machine? What is the name of the machine?

Neither of these questions requires proprietary information.

Such a machine would not take 7 years to create. Most of the silver is already gone, so if you are telling the truth you are too late.

Jim

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Jim...

However my brinks boxes have been pretty bad. But I'm not in Baltimore.

S

seger98

I'm with Jim on this one. Sounds bogus to me, but if it ain't I'll apologize as well.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seger98 said:
I'm with Jim on this one. Sounds bogus to me, but if it ain't I'll apologize as well.
Not real, just some lurker hhaving fun. Probably a kid.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
enamel7 said:
seger98 said:
Not real, just some lurker hhaving fun. Probably a kid.

My "guess" is if this poster is not real, then it is a lurker or current poster who signed up under another name to have fun with us. Some interesting things I noticed in the post.

First, some of the sentences do not use correct grammar in that they omit "the", "has", etc. Almost as if someone from a foreign country whose English was not perfect wrote the sentence. However, some of the sentences are correctly formed and have such terms as "the" and "has", etc., in the right places; especially in the longer, more complex sentences. The shorter, more simple sentences are the ones with poor grammar.

This does not add up. I believe most people are consistent with their mode of writing and would not use correct grammar in some sentences and improper grammar in other sentences in the same paragraph. Especially someone who is intelligent, which a statistician would most likely be. I think the poster is trying to pose as someone perhaps from another country by using such a writing style.

Also, if you were going to test the efficacy of such a machine you would not buy random boxes to test the machine. First, what if all your boxes were skunks? Second, if you use random boxes you would have to check each roll before testing, then dig through the dumps to see what went through and what got sifted out.

An easier way would be to start out with known clad coins (bought from boxes) and add a pre determined and known amount of silver coins (that you bought at a coin store, etc). Then you could look at the removed coins (the silver ones) and see if the number is the same as what you put into the hopper. This way you would not have to check through the dumps to see what silver did not get detected, unless of course you checked the silver tray and not all of them were in there. But the poster says that less than 1 out of a 1000 silver coins were missed, thus his posted manner of testing would be unduly cumbersome and highly inefficient.

Wouldn't the engineers who built such a machine test it? Why would a statistician do the actual testing?

Jim

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i don't believe it either, but i have often wondered why such a machine did not exist. i mean if they can build one that will sort copper pennies from zinc looks like it should be easy for somone to come up with one that will sort silver from clad :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer
This is real. I know the person who wrote this letter and, trust me
Elvis is telling the true. I spotted Elvis at his desk writing this letter
last night.
HH
Dan ::)

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is a stupid scam, notice his post count..........."1"...........yeah right gimme a break

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Regular coin counters such as Coinstar already are fully capable of sorting silver based on coin weight. There would be no reason to spend seven years developing new sorting machines. The banks have more pressing things to worry about than culling silver from clad.
- Grizz

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it me or do we have a conversation about culling silver about once a week around here...or is it just one monotunous dialog?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I Believe a Counter like this is or May be in the works,

And this person Does appear to Live at least close to the Correct area

They also appear to have 2 Other Active ID's here.

And Both are Coin roll Hunters ;D

I Won't say Who but I Will delete or move this
to comedy central within 24 Hours.

This way Everyone here can Read My Response.

Getting close to April First ?

Little too early yet :D

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I say enjoy it while it lasts.

But it does seem April 1st is here early this year.

True if I were developing such a machine why make random purchases, just run test samples of each type to test .........

Silly you. Coinroll hunters are way to smart to fall for your weak attempt at deterrence.

Immy hit it on the head though.

Mojo

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Hey, Nick!
You say you disagree, but you reinforce my same point. The Coinstar maching that I use for my dumps gives me back any silver coins I might occasionally miss. Coinstar machines (as well as other types) will very effectively reject silver by weight, if so calibrated. If sorting/counting machines can already do this, the technology does not require re-invention.
We are getting our collective legs pulled here.
- Grizz

Grizz ~ I hate to disagree ...

I pull one or two silvers out of the Coinstar "Reject" every few weeks at our Supermarket ... Coinstar will Reject Silver Dimes like clockwork ...

So far this year ... 3 Roosies & 1 Washington Quarter ... All Coinstar ..

~ Nick ~
[/quote]

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
It was not me ;D ;D ;D

I am fine as long as it is the government behind the masterind. We all know they screw up everything. They will cull the CLAD and send the SILVER back into circulation.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
I second Shake-N-Bakes thought, except they'd probably pay someone big bucks to haul the coins off, and then pay their disability when they hurt their back.

I think it'd be fun to test the machine. I would take some silver halves, paint them red, and then see how well the machine sorted them out.

If this is true, I would not put it past some G-Man to take it home and sort the silver for theirselves!

This was a fun post!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread