HOW To Convert Your Metal Detector Into A LRL (Long Range Locator)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
LRLS.jpg

Have you ever ran out of battery power, or just plain old forgot the spares? Don't give up! You can convert your detectors (if you brought along that back-up machine) to a "LRL", and they are usually advertised to go through mountains, down 10 feet deep and able to even find dollar bills or diamonds. Think I'm kidding? Google "LONG RANGE LOCATORS" and see what is available. :)

Here's how to utilize your metal detectors to do the same thing. No batteries required.

#1 Keep both detectors (rods) parallel and horizontal to each other, walk in a straight line. Please, clear your mind of any thoughts, except what you want to find. In my case, I was chanting "GOLD GOLD GOLD"

#2 When you suddenly feel both rods cross, and for some it is a sudden powerful pull, stop!

#3 Observe directly below where the rods intersect, and on that spot, start digging.

#4 In my case, after chanting "GOLD GOLD GOLD" I dug a hole about 12" deep, and used my Garrett Pro-Pointer to locate a beautiful gold ring. And, I didn't scratch it either.

Attachments

• th_BEER2.jpg
    th_BEER2.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 417
  • th_BEER2.jpg
    th_BEER2.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 416

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
That is how i do it when my batterys run low . I always take my Scorpion as my back up to my 1500 and had to do what you did a few times........... Then finish it with my Pro Pointer............... see John i have a beer cooler also.........

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Jim_K said:
That is how i do it when my batterys run low . I always take my Scorpion as my back up to my 1500 and had to do what you did a few times........... Then finish it with my Pro Pointer............... see John i have a beer cooler also.........

And I'll toast to that my friend :thumbsup: :occasion14:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John I Didn't know Whether to Move this to
Modifications or Comedy Central :D

Till I Read it