FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My cat's stuck in the toilet . . .

OK now this is the Honest Truth so help me God. In my job as a Firefighter I had two "Cat incidents". None of them had to do with trees, but one day we were called to rescue a cat from a evaporative cooler. We had to cut the cat out of the evaporative cooler. Every time he tried to crawl out the squirrel cage fan it rotated throwing him back in, and he would not try to come out with us holding the squirrel cage still. We finally used a air chisel to open the volute. When he came out he didn't stop to give use any info. He was gone in a flash.

The other incident was a cat that fell down the chimney stack from the top to the drafting plates at the bottom. It was about 20 plus feet from the top to the bottom plates. We tried to fish him out, we tried to reach from the bottom and get him out, we tried to snag him with a rope and pole. In all we worked at it for 5 hours. Finally the owner told us to break out the fire place mantle and brick in the house to get him out, but we refused and told him to call a contractor or chimney sweep or do it him self. We felt that we could not be liable for tearing out the mantel and brick. Still to this day I do not know if the cat was ever rescued.

The job sure made for some interesting days and times.

HH
fccdfed

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

I have never seen a cat skeleton in a tree or any other place that a cat can go if the cat is left to it's own devices .
'Sail cats' are a norm where highways are part of the equation .
Otherwise they pretty much extract themselves from their own delimmas when humans leave them alone .

S

stefen

Is cough syrup for a cat called 'Catatonic' ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions