In A Redneck Church?

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
1. You Know You're in a Redneck Church if ... The finance committee refuses to provide funds for the purchase of a chandelier because none of the members knows how to play one.

2. You Know You're in a Redneck Church if … People ask, when they learn that Jesus fed the 5000, whether the two fish were bass or catfish, and what bait was used to catch 'em.

3. You Know You're in a Redneck Church if … When the pastor says, "I'd like to ask Bubba to help take up the offering" and five guys and two women stand up.

4. You Know You're in a Redneck Church if … Opening day of deer season is recognized as an official church holiday.

5. You Know You're in a Redneck Church if..... A member of the church requests to be buried in his 4-wheel-drive truck because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of"
(Love it!)

6. You Know You're in a Redneck Church if … The choir is known as the "OK Chorale".

7. You Know You're in a Redneck Church if … In a congregation of 500 members, there are only seven last names in the church directory.

8. You Know You're in a Redneck Church if … People think "rapture" is what you get when you lift something too heavy.

9. You Know You're in a Redneck Church if … The baptismal pool is a #2 galvanized " Wheeling " washtub.

10. You Know You're in a Redneck Church if … The choir robes are embroidered with the logo from Billy Bob's Barbecue.

11. You Know You're in a Redneck Church if ... The collection plates are hubcaps from a '56 Chevy.

12. You Know You're in a Redneck Church if … Instead of a bell you are called to service by a duck call.

13. You Know You're in a Redneck Church if … The minister and his wife drive matching pickup trucks.

14. You Know You're in a Redneck Church if … The communion wine is Boone's Farm.

15. You Know You're in a Redneck Church if... "Thou shall not covet" applies to huntin' dogs, too.

16. You know You're in a Redneck Church if … The final words of the benediction are, "Y'all come back now, Ya hear".

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Very funny stuff.

"Opening day of deer season is recognized as an official church holiday."

Actually, the county I live in lets kids have a day off school for opening day of deer season.

When I was a kid we had two off.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
WindHarvester said:
Very funny stuff.

Actually, the county I live in lets kids have a day off school for opening day of deer season.

You telling me it isn't a National Holiday?

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can relate to a few of those at the lil church where I live.

Old Dog said:
WindHarvester said:
Very funny stuff.

You telling me it isn't a National Holiday?
Hey Old Dog, I think since big brother and his cousins have their hand in our cookie jar, It will only be known as a national holiday to those of us who hunt. It's a shame that our heritage and ways of life are not taught in the schools, But then their would be politics. >:(

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I think ALL schools should have a required course in Gun Safety, including Maintenance and propper storage.
as well as handling and marksmanship in their curriculum.
Don't take it ... don't graduate.

WishfulThinker

Jan 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I second the gun safety course! Basic survival skills and first aid, until help arrives, like Red Cross used to teach. Now everything is call 911 and hope someone answers.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I third that notion. May it be a learning experience to all...

We have a few public schools here that teach basics with a recurve bow, But its taught from a book not experience.

I have friends that love to shoot, and are ok with accuracy, but they arent crap with safety.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread