Lost my mother-in-law the day before yesterday

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
She went to the barn that evening to milk and do the other evening chores and the plow mule
kicked her in the head .
My wife and I got there early as we could yesterday morning and could barely find a place to park .
She headed for the house , where she saw a lot of her family gathered in the yard . I saw my father-in-law headed for the barn lot , where about 40 guys were gathered , with a gallon of whiskey .
I caught up with him and expressed my sympathy for his loss and my surprise at the turnout of mourners so soon after her demise .
He kinda grinned at me and said ,
"Jim , the family is over there in the yard doin' their mournin'. These fellers at the barn didn't even know her .
They're just here to dicker with me on the sellin' price of that mule ."

S

stefen

This gets a small grin...which is better than a poke in the eye ;D

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Hay Truckinbutch ,.. I'd like to just rent that mule for a bit ,... could ya see about getting me the phone # of the new owner ? Just happen's my Mother -in -law is fly'n into town in a few week's , from Holland ,.. been pray'n for a bit more of that fire & brim-stone from Iceland ,.. but ,dont even know if this will have any ill effect's on her broom ?
Just wonder'n ,.. In light of 6 week's of Hell to pay ,...Blindpig

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
blindpig said:
Hay Truckinbutch ,.. I'd like to just rent that mule for a bit ,... could ya see about getting me the phone # of the new owner ? Just happen's my Mother -in -law is fly'n into town in a few week's , from Holland ,.. been pray'n for a bit more of that fire & brim-stone from Iceland ,.. but ,dont even know if this will have any ill effect's on her broom ?
Be glad to accomodate but we are kinda far apart for shipping and all . Check with Don Jose for what he has available . He's closer to ya ;D

S

stefen

blindpig said:

Look around ya...quite a few a$$'s about...

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Si' ,..Don Stefen , many a bray'n A$$'s in So. Cali ,... but, none have a real kick left in 'em .

El Pig ,...Ole'... ;D

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
maybe that's what happened to my mother in-law but it was just a glancing blow!!!!! better luck next time!!!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread