Voting on the trip

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
We got a new preacher in our church when I was a kid . Opinionated Hellfire and Brimstone sort
of feller , he was . He belabored us every Sunday, at length, over our sins ; as he perceived them .

Mrs. Daisey Clevenger was an ageing dowager in the community that was loved by all . A heart
large as the world and as deaf as a post .

Every Sunday she hit the front pew and fell asleep during the sermon . The movement of the congregation to rise to sing a hymn would prompt her to wake from her reverie and join in the
song as the loudest and most out of tune member of the congregation . We loved her so ......
; but , this ticked off the new preacher ..............
One Sunday morning he started his usual H/B diatribe and then suddenly switched to a whisper :
"All of you that wish to go to heaven , please raise your right hand ."he whispered .
All right hands , save one , shot up amongst Mrs. Daisey's loud snores .
"Thank you ," whispered the preacher ," and now , those of you that wish to go to HELL ..."he paused for effect and then shouted , "STAND UP ! "
Startled , Mrs. Daisey awoke and jumped to her feet . Surveying the seated crowd and trying to collect her wits , she turned back to the minister standing before her and said ,

"Parson , I'm not certain about what we are votin' on ; but it looks like you and I are the only ones in favor of it !"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread