You know you detect too much when...
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By bakergeol
  • 2 Post By Chug And Red

Thread: You know you detect too much when...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    NJ

Nov 2006
    Middlesex County, New Jersey
    Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
    234 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

You know you detect too much when...

- When you work in an office but your digging hand has calluses...

- When a women shows you her new engagement ring you imagine it at the bottom of your scoop...

- When you order take out food and try to squeeze in a quick hunt on your way to pick it up...

- When it is raining out so you decide to hunt the park with all the big trees so you don't get soaked...

- When the ground is frozen you start asking people if they have a dirt floor basement...

- When the wife yells at you for swinging your head around to check out an attractive women and you have no clue what she is talking about because you were actually checking out the old house behind her...

- When you always have dirt under your nails...

- When you have three types of clothing: Work, Casual and Detecting...

- When your kid falls asleep in the car and you look for a place to detect where you can stay within ear shot of the car...
    (Okay I've never done this one but I have thought about it)

- When batteries start disappearing from your children's toys...

- When you pay for everything with dirty clad...

- When you know a cashier just gave you silver by the sound...

- When you no longer care what people thing when you are detecting in public...

Okay that is enough for now...feel free to add to the list...

NJ

Feb 2004
    Colorado
    GS5 X-5 GMT
    173 times

Re: You know you detect too much when...

You detect the front lawn of a funeral home during your wife's funeral.
    wstgo and Goose-0 like this.

us
    Wheres The Gold

Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250 Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
    2637 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by bakergeol
    You detect the front lawn of a funeral home during your wife's funeral.
    You detect the front lawn of a funeral home during your Ex wife's funeral. Had to do it, Chug
    wstgo and stefen like this.
    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Metal detecting is Like A Marathon, Your Running fast then start Slowing A Bit The You Find Something Interesting And You Pick Up the Pace!!! The Only Difference is If You Are Addicted to this Hobby there Is NO FINISH LINE HH Chug And Red

us
    May 2011
    Canastota, New York
    Whites Eagle Spectrum
    13 times

In the winter you don't put away the detector you just take a hammer and chisel with you!

us
    Wheres The Gold

Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250 Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
    2637 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chug And Red View Post
    You detect the front lawn of a funeral home during your Ex wife's funeral. Had to do it, Chug

Damn that's an Oldie, But a Goodie Chug Or In reds Case 2 No Third as far As I Know yet Yep I'm the Third And The Best I Hope After 20 years
    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Metal detecting is Like A Marathon, Your Running fast then start Slowing A Bit The You Find Something Interesting And You Pick Up the Pace!!! The Only Difference is If You Are Addicted to this Hobby there Is NO FINISH LINE HH Chug And Red

us
    Sorry Honey, I canít. Iíve got plans with my metal detector.

Nov 2013
    Mountain Maryland
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Max
    14287 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    When you tell your co-workers that your shoulders and wrists are sore, and, while not sympathetic, they don't include rude comments.
    EVERY COIN, SILVERS, AND TOKENS FOUND IN FLORIDA I SOLD...STARTING FRESH IN MARYLAND

Sponsored Links