POLL: How Well Do You Read Postings On TreasureNet?

When you comment and/or reply to a particular thread here on TreasureNet, do you always read everyth

• I never bother to read the post before commenting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
I always eat when I'm nervous...
mmmmmmmm....now see what you just did....now CapZ is gonna smell them..... :o :D ;)

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
It's not Carl, it's Carol you nincompoops!. You know the one with the big set of .....mud flaps on her '39 Chrysler. She married that slack jawed yokel from Clement Falls, or so the story goes. Monty
What is this? "nincompoops" ??? ??? :D :D And who said I couldn't read?! :D

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh! I think I see where we're getting confused.

When you say "often" do you mean as in frequently or as in someone who has lost his parents?

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you smoke a joint and read all the posts you will undestand it..... ;D

Chagy.......

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
Wasn't this thread in the "Everything else" section? What is so funny about a POLL?

For some reason I want pancakes and a joint.

ericwt

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Oooh, thanks for that SWR! I wouldn't mind adding some butter and syrup to that!

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ericwt said:
Wasn't this thread in the "Everything else" section? What is so funny about a POLL?

For some reason I want pancakes and a joint.

ericwt
:D :D :D :o

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
An now for just a quick re-cap of everything we have learned on this thread to date!

At age 4, success is......not peeing your pants.
At age 12, success is.....having friends.
At age 20, success is.....having sex.
At age 35, success is.....making money.
At age 60, success is.....having sex.
At age 70, success is.....having friends.
At age 80, success is.....not peeing your pants.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, Badger. What you have here is a rare militia button from the 18th century. Only three were made. All three were for Napoleon himself, for his coat that used only three buttons. This is contrary to a trend in other contemporaneous coats, which used four or even five buttons. Coats that used more buttons took longer to button up than coats that used fewer buttons. Coats that used fewer buttons could be both buttoned and unbuttoned more quickly. But the ease of buttoning or unbuttoning was not a factor in whether or not a coat had fewer or more buttons than three. Napoleon was quite short, and as a result of his physical dimensions his coat required only three buttons instead of the usual four or five. You should be thankful that Napoleon was not taller, because if he were there might have been six or seven other buttons like yours in existence. This would dramatically affect the value of your button. I can tell you frankly that in dug condition your button is worth exactly twice what it would have been worth had Napoleon had six buttons instead of three on his coat.

On the topic of cleaning and preservation (to echo previous comments in this thread), I will say that the preferred method of cleaning is not soap or electrolysis, but rather to take a bowl each of distilled water and olive oil and place them on either side of the button. Then kneel in front of the button and pray. Cleaning buttons through prayer takes years, but it is worth the effort. You can just see the layers of verdigris come off. Note: Do not submerge the button in either the olive oil or the distilled water! Both can harm a button's patina. Prayer, however, is 100% safe and non-toxic to the items you find.

Congratulations, Badger. Keep 'em beepin'.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called the front desk to say I had a leak in the sink.He said."don't worry about it,go ahead".When I went down there to complain,he was eating pancakes and there was the familiar smell of indica in the air.SPEAKING OF POLLS-On my way back to my room,I saw Jeffery Dahmer talking with Lorania Bobbet (she was holding something in her hand), I heard him say to her,"hey!,are you gonna eat that?",it was at this point that I packed my bags and hit the road.

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
I called the front desk to say I had a leak in the sink.He said."don't worry about it,go ahead".When I went down there to complain,he was eating pancakes and there was the familiar smell of indica in the air.SPEAKING OF POLLS-On my way back to my room,I saw Jeffery Dahmer talking with Lorania Bobbet (she was holding something in her hand), I heard him say to her,"hey!,are you gonna eat that?",it was at this point that I packed my bags and hit the road.
:D :D :D 8) :o

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You guys and gals are nuts!!

Attachments

• nuts.gif
    nuts.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 583
P

PostFatal

Check or Money Oder only

Payable to:
Post Fatal
1776 Left Turn Ln.
Harddrive, Pencilvania. U.S.B.

(PayBuddy account required for address nullification)

Filmed in Kodiakrome........D'ohlby 1.1 surround sound

Special effects by: Excess Gas. No animals were armed durring the making of this post.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
PostFatal said:
Check or Money Oder only

Payable to:
Post Fatal
1776 Left Turn Ln.
Harddrive, Pencilvania. U.S.B.

(PayBuddy account required for address nullification)

Filmed in Kodiakrome........D'ohlby 1.1 surround sound

Special effects by: Excess Gas. No animals were armed durring the making of this post.

Check is in the mail

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread