Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By stefen

Thread: PECANS IN THE CEMETERY

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2006
    GARRETT PRO
    975 times

PECANS IN THE CEMETERY

On the outskirts of a small town, there was a big, old pecan tree just inside the cemetery fence. One day, two boys filled up a bucketful of nuts and sat down by the tree, out of sight., and began dividing the nuts. "One for you, one for me. One for you, one for me," said one boy. Several dropped and rolled down toward the fence.

Another boy came riding along the road on his bicycle. As he passed, he thought he heard voices from inside the cemetery. He slowed down to investigate. Sure enough, he heard, "One for you, one for me. One for you, one for me." He just knew what it was. He jumped back on his bike and rode off. Just around the bend he met an old man with a cane, hobbling along.

"Come here quick," said the boy. "You won’t believe what I heard. Satan and the Lord are down at the cemetery dividing up the souls."

The man said, "Beat it kid, can’t you see it’s hard for me to walk." When the boy insisted though, the man hobbled to the cemetery.

Standing by the fence they heard, "One for you, one for me. One for you , one for me."

The old man whispered, boy, "You’ve been telling’ the truth. Let’s see if we can see the Lord." Shaking with fear, they peered through the fence, yet were still unable to see anything. The old man and the boy gripped the wrought iron bars of the fence tighter and tighter as they tried to get a glimpse of the Lord. At last they heard, "One for you, one for me. That’s all. Now let’s go get those nuts by the fence and we’ll be done."

They say the old man made it back to town a full 5 minutes ahead of the boy on the bike.
    Last edited by stefen; Jun 07, 2012 at 02:19 PM.
    The more one learns the more he understands his ignorance. I am simply an ignor ant man trying to lessen his ignorance
    Those with the most birthdays live the longest

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    993 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

us
    Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
    1285 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    OMG! You should have warned me first, this is too funny, now I have to clean salsa off my pc!!! Red
    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Metal detecting is Like A Marathon, Your Running fast then start Slowing A Bit The You Find Something Interesting And You Pick Up the Pace!!! The Only Difference is If You Are Addicted to this Hobby there Is NO FINISH LINE HH Chug And Red

Sponsored Links