Things NOT to do while Metal detecting

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Never put a penny inside the coil-cover of your hunting buddy. ;D (Unless you're really in the mood for a great laugh followed by a severe butt-kicking!)

S

sendin

Don't turn your back to the street when digging.

(Aug 20, 2005 I was sitting in a restaurant with my wife and a full sized Ford truck smashed into the restaurant doing about 35MPH. No one was seriously injured because the table where the truck ended up was empty. 10 of us at adjacent tables were taken to the hospital and we were all released with mior injuries. Don't trust traffic, whether or not you are in your car.)

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
af1733 said:
Never put a penny inside the coil-cover of your hunting buddy. ;D (Unless you're really in the mood for a great langh followed by a severe butt-kicking!)

Yes, never a penny.

Use a dime ;)

have a good un.....................

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. never underestimate how much a wave can come up on a beach (cost 2 MD's out o comissio)
2. Never think you can balence two shovels, a pinpionter, and your MD while closing a trunk. (cost-1 MD ou to comission)
3. Never ever beat you MD against a tree when you been a gold dollar in half when digging it (sure someone has done it :) )
4. Use your shovel to beat rabid dogs, not the $1000 MD

And never ever put a penny in your friend's MD ;D

HH
-GC

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
never say " ahh, its overcast, i dont need sunscreen! "
never say " i dont think thats poison ivy!"
never say " i dont need spare batteries"

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never use a rotten stick to push down on an electric fence while trying to climb over it. :o

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Never never ever pee on an electric fence... :o

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
be carefull bending over in public CRACK KILLS :)

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Don't take samples from those groups of tall "ferns" that you find out in the woods. I never did get the chance to ID the ones I found, as a pair of fern fanatics approached almost immediately and explained (in a rather insisting manner) that they wanted to ID the very sample I had plucked. They explained that they just didn't want to hurt the plant any further, which makes sense I guess... so I handed it over.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
nhbenz said:
Don't take samples from those groups of tall "ferns" that you find out in the woods. I never did get the chance to ID the ones I found, as a pair of fern fanatics approached almost immediately and explained (in a rather insisting manner) that they wanted to ID the very sample I had plucked. They explained that they just didn't want to hurt the plant any further, which makes sense I guess... so I handed it over.

Fern Nazism.

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
nhbenz said:

::) ::) ::)fernatics :P :P :P

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Never drive forty miles from nowhere and forget to check your batteries..... not that I'VE ever done this, of course..... ;)

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Never drive 45 miles in the car that doesn't have the metal detector in it... :-\

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Never drive 45 miles in your truck with the metal detector in the bed and then realize you left the tailgate down...

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Never take a sand scoop to the woods.
Never walk a mile down the beach when the clouds are already gray, and there is lighting in the distance.
Never start chopping into the ground when you see a wasp there, there will be many more after you do it. :o
Never ignore large dark colored objects that make a grunting sound that you can still hear with your headphones on.
Never think there is only one wild dog in the woods, he has buds..
Never scream I found gold,, ANYWHERE.
Never turn your back on a calm sea.
And last but not least, Never think you found it all.
Now if you are the adventuress type, ignore all the above..

HH
Dale

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread